Internet Explorer 10 forum issue!

• After updating my Windows 7 system on Microsoft's patch day, I noticed that Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 10.
    This update renders this forum unusable (can't post, trying to do so results in an error message) unless you know how to switch your IE browser to compatibility mode.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Cheers,
    Martin

• No, it doesn't, unless you switch to compatibility mode.

1. Error messages I get with compatibility mode off when I try to submit a post:
    "The data you have entered is invalid. Please check the information you have given by the marked fields."
    "Please enter the required information for this field."

2. The editor sticks in "Source code" mode, I can't switch to "Editor" mode, when compatibility mode is off.

There is an issue, for sure.

• I had the same issue with Win 8 and couldn't get to what it was that casued it. I will try the adjustment mentioned but I installed Firefox and started using it as it did not have the same problem.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• There have been many problems with win 10 and win 8 together. Ive used Microsoft stuff since 1982 and other than the 'millennium' OS they launched... (which cost me a drive full of data) I have to say that the win8/IE10 is absolutely the worst combination they have ever released. And IE10 really does misbehave an awful lot. Check the net and you will see thousands of issues including 'wont open when clicked' which is so painful Ive switched to other browsers.

Careful I'm watching you...

• IE10 and Win 7 here, but same problem. Can't quote, can't post and the (posting) editor doesn't work. It only shows "sourcecode".

Definitely a problem of the IE10 patch that I installed today.

I used Firefox to post this btw ;)

• obviously not, lightbox. that's why timo wrote "@win8 users:" :D

in any case, both versions in conjunction with IE10 work fine here.
    regards, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've got another issue at the moment that is even true for Firefox.

I can't download rig packs anymore. I was about to grab the Gundy Keller rigs but whenever I click on "Download" I get thrown back to the login (although I was logged in). If I do login again I still can't download, I get back to the login-screen again.

Strange thing is:
    I CAN download the 1.7 beta or other firmware releases. The problem is limited to the rig packs.

I also can't open my own profile anymore.

• Exact same problem here.

Just tried to download Gundy's pack, and it keeps throwing me into a login screen when I am already logged in.

Also cannot access profile.

• Still broken. I tried to post and it blanked out all my text and gave an error stating "missing fields" which, of course, are missing when the body of the post is cleared by the bug in the browser or website code. This is the same behavior I've been getting on IE10. I'm posting from my Android phone now. Firefox works perfectly but IE10 has a very nice touch interface for tablet/ultrabook users.

Thanks,

bd

• musicman65-
    is it working for you now?
    best, gs

If this post goes through then the issue is fixed....fingers crossed....hitting send.

Bd

Edit: Confirmed fixed. IE10 Win8 WinRT/Metro version was broken and now works
    Edit2: Confirmed Win8 IE10 Desktop (Win64) version was broken and now works.

Thanks GS....great job!