How do you use FRFR live or in band rehearsal?

• I was looking at the RCF NX 12 SMA and am new to FRFR stuff. In rehearsal do I just hook up the kemper to the RCF NX 12 SMA and use it as my cab? All rig profiles ready to go? Or do I use it as a monitor and plug RCF NX 12 SMA into the rehearsal room or clubs mixer? Trying to keep it simple.

• keano12, if you're new to FRFR make sure to check several different solutions before you buy.
    Apart from the RCF there are other high priced solutions that come into question (Atomic CLR, MATRIX, KPA -solutions), as well as other more mid priced solutions (I can't recommend the Yamaha DXR 10 highly enough).

• I use main outs for both since I prefer to use XLR.

Fair enough, but if you unlink the output for the monitor and main outs, you can control your stage volume (monitor outs) with the output knob in the middle of a show (if need be) without affecting the level of signal that you are sending to the front of house (from your main outs). Just something to keep in mind if you think you'll want that flexibility.

• Thanks for all the feedback. I have a Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary and 2x12OS cab.

Love it but I don't play out much and live in an apartment. I love the Bogner look and sound but I need $$$.

1. Will KPA get lost in live situation?
    2. If I played KPA cranked in my room would still have same tone as my Bogner.

I think it's the fear of letting go of what I know really. I could use the $.

• What's your budget?

If you have the budget buy the Poweramp Kemper and save on buying a FRFR....use your Bogner Cab.
    The money you save on the FRFR pays for the Poweramp version, you already have a Cab.

When you play the Kemper poweramp into a good Cab, either in your room or at a gig, it will blow your mind...it will slice through the mix like a Samurai sword through butter. :thumbup:

• Ok but my next question to that is if I chose a vox or fender blackface setting I won't really be getting those profiled tones because they are coming through a Bogners v30's right?

• Ok but my next question to that is if I chose a vox or fender blackface setting I won't really be getting those profiled tones because they are coming through a Bogners v30's right?

Correct.
    It would sound like a Vox or Blackface through V30s...have you ever heard a Blackface through 2 X V30s?...sounds awesome. :)
    Thing is...when you go Kemper poweramp into a real guitar cab at extreme volume you forget the 'amp name' of the amps/Profiles, you judge a tone on how it sounds.
    You end up using Profiles you never thought you'd use, why?, because you tweaked this amazing tone and then realised it's not one of the regular 'famous' brands we're brainwashed to believe are the best.

• Yea I can appreciate that. I wish I could try both out. Well I can get a Yamaha dxr10 to listen. Getting a KPA with pa will be tougher.

The lightweight is appealing of a FRFR monitor, 1 set of profile rather then 2 though I still would like to hear both.

• I sold my bogner ecstasy 101b to get the power head and love it. I miss having that cool looking xtc but the sounds are there at all different volumes. I use a 2x12 open back marshall cab. I think a guitar cab sounds better, better meaning more like the real thing IMHO only compared to an old JBL pa cab. guitar cab sounded real jbl was less appealing to me, over hyped highs, to refined, not good for me. just my opinion

• Hi,

After trying around lots of other configs, i ended up with the following setup for smaller venues and rehearsal:

Kemper monitor out (cab sim off) to Matrix Poweramp to 2x12 or 4x12 guitar cab
    Kemper main outs to 2 Matrix Q12A on stands.

This configuration gives me the punch of an amp in the room sound and the clearness of an FRFR (in stereo)

I can blend the FRFR with the guitar cab to my needs and it works well with all kind of stage configurations.

Cheers,

reznor