Time for a bit of philosophy.....
When I was sifting through the feature request wish list it kind of struck me; what kind of gear will the Kemper PA
be when I turn 60 (thats 9 years to be exact)? As I work as a engineer I know that any good product developement is
based on incremental/iterative feature adding until one reach the point where you you can't get further without totally
rewriting the concept paper.
So, if we would lift our eyes towards the horizon and maybe give mr Kemper some revolutionary ideas to go,
what do you think are the main features of the Kemper PA (or whatever if it's still around) in 2022?
If we look 10 years back in the mirror, for example the VOX ToneLab was introduced (I had one myself) and we all know
this is obsolete by now. This was a modeling type of device.The one unique idea of the KPA is the profiling concept. This makes it
truly unique apart from the modelers. If we stop at the obsoleted modelers for a while and reflect over them, ask yourselves:
- What was good and what was bad about the particular device
- Why did it become obsolete?
- What type of equipment obsoleted it? Thas maybe several but one good example is enough
- What was the key properties of that, new equipment?
So, when looking at these quiestions and their answers, what does the future hold? Think big, try to imagine the
holy grail of amp techniqe. The one that actually makes you a better player ;). I go first:
1. Has built in backtracks and a HDMI output to allow for a screen where you can read the sheetmusic (or tabs)
along with a camera view of the player to show the riffs/licks.
2. Voice control - "Hey, load my XXX rig and turn up the presence two notches. I'll use my Les Paul"!
(maybe a bit silly as its not particulary useful in a gig situation) but great for home pratice and thats
where we spend most of our time don't we )
3. Better DSPs renders more calculating power. We should be able to mimick some fancy guitar/amp
feedback by then.
I'm sure someone can do better than me in gazing into the future. What will the next unique feature be?
Will it be feedback profiling?
Lets hear it