Using 2 profiles at once

• Is this possible? Is this practical?
    I think this would be amazing. Combining 2 amp profiles, or combining a profiled fuzzbox and an amp profile, that adds a multitude of possibilities.

• Is this possible? Is this practical?
    I think this would be amazing. Combining 2 amp profiles, or combining a profiled fuzzbox and an amp profile, that adds a multitude of possibilities.

It may be practical, it may even be awesome, but it's not possible.
    You need two profilers for that.

• My post was poorly worded. I meant would it be possible to add this
    feature to a future version of the KPA, or is this somehow structurally
    impossible?

• [quote='shamalama',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77262#post77262]Is this possible? Is this practical?

It may be practical, it may even be awesome, but it's not possible.
    You need two profilers for that.

How can you be sure about this.? Maybe it will happen in a future update.

• Ingolf was answering based on the current KPA capabilities.
    The issue has been discussed ad nauseam, Kemper have never commented on this.
    The thing is technically possible, what's left to know (apart from Kemper's interest in implementing the function) is whether the current memory amount and processor power are enough to backup it.

• Grazie, Gianfranco. ;)
    Yes, my argumentation is based on what's available now, how the development was going up to now, what I interpret considering other CPU demanding tasks (like cab driver in stereo for both monitor outs etc.).

Possible is everything, of course, provided you have enough processor power.

So let me phrase it differently: I'm not sure, but it's my educated guess, that with the current incarnation of the KPA this is not going to happen.
    8)

• The issue has been discussed ad nauseam

Oh wow. Sorry. Really.

It's funny, I was planning on buying a KPA for months, but the collective attitude of the high-count posters to anyone with a question or even the slightest criticism is a big, big red flag. Case in point: fuzz pedal not profiled during amp profiling
    Using stompbox (fuzz, compression, eq) profiles

Also you can't use two profiles, that would be great, but you can't. Doesn't seem like it would be impossible to implement in the future; maybe Kemper will do that in the future and by then your everyday posters will stop being condescending.

Best of luck!

• Shamalama: I'm sure Gianfranco didn't maint to be condescending to you, he's a nice guy.

Dual amp option has been requested several times and would indeed be very nice to have it (some lucky user here has 2 units and they where very impressed using them in dual-amp configuration. From some behind the curtains feel I think that this is not going to happen with the actual hardware generation, but it is just my educated guess and I hope to be proven wrong.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Shamalama: I'm sure Gianfranco didn't maint to be condescending to you, he's a nice guy.

It's a general theme here, it's not him in particular. Pretty off-putting for anyone considering buying a pricey amp or even just posting here.

• I agree shamalama. I tend to read the current posts mostly and it's good to resurrect old topics that maybe even Mr Kemper might reply to. Also the more a topic is discussed and requested the better the chance we will be listened to. :thumbup:

• What does the attitude of a forum participant have to do with anything? Just curious. If CK had a bad attitude, that would be different.... but he is, instead, a very helpful business man. All forums have the same issues....some worse than others (without mentioning any names).

bd

• What does the attitude of a forum participant have to do with anything? bd

When the "forum participant" is in charge, yeah, it kind of has something to do with everything. If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my entire posts, like the links I posted, instead of picking out one sentence to comment about.

• It's funny, I was planning on buying a KPA for months, but the collective attitude of the high-count posters to anyone with a question or even the slightest criticism is a big, big red flag.

I agree with you and every day is a little worse than the previous... The product is far from perfect, like any other product, but lately criticism is not accepted in this forum.

• I agree with you and every day is a little worse than the previous... The product is far from perfect, like any other product, but lately criticism is not accepted in this forum.

Perhaps we all need to step back and take a look at how we react, and then recalibrate our responses. I know that I personally have found this forum to be incredibly helpful, and the community as a whole have been very friendly. However, perhaps we sometimes forget that this is a varied set of individuals, each with his/her own perspective. Shamalama, I hope you hang around ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Really though, doesn't matter to me how you guys choose to do things here, but I had a choice to either not post about why I'm not buying a KFA, or to say something in hopes that you guys might think about why I'm not buying a KPA. That's it. I'm sure most people would have just kept quiet. And I was going to, and then changed my mind. Not sure why really. But really, if I could combine 2 profiles, I couldn't resist buying a KPA, no matter how unbearable it is to read this forum.
    That's pretty much all I have on this topic. Best of luck guys.

• Really though, doesn't matter to me how you guys choose to do things here, but I had a choice to either not post about why I'm not buying a KFA, or to say something in hopes that you guys might think about why I'm not buying a KPA. That's it. I'm sure most people would have just kept quiet. And I was going to, and then changed my mind. Not sure why really. But really, if I could combine 2 profiles, I couldn't resist buying a KPA, no matter how unbearable it is to read this forum.
    That's pretty much all I have on this topic. Best of luck guys.

Try one if you have the opportunity. Some profiles are so good that I bet you are not going to miss the possibility of mixing two profiles.

Saludos!

• I respect your opinion but I cannot agree, the attitude in this forum has always been very friendly and helpful and lots of peoples spend (way too) much time answering questions and troubleshooting. Sometimes it can happen that answering the same question for the 156th time (intentionally exaggerating here) somebody can sound a bit tired to answer again something that is easily available using the search function. Maybe not nice to read, but considering how rarely it happens it cannot make this forum "unbereable"....c'mon!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Perhaps we all need to step back and take a look at how we react, and then recalibrate our responses. I know that I personally have found this forum to be incredibly helpful, and the community as a whole have been very friendly. However, perhaps we sometimes forget that this is a varied set of individuals, each with his/her own perspective. Shamalama, I hope you hang around ...

Yes! This forum is incredibly helpful thanks to people like you and Davide.

Sometimes the criticism seems not to be well accepted but I would not qualify this forum as unbearable. In my opinion it's far from that.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().