1.7.0 Public Beta - Discussion

• Armin is talking about a tuning different of 0.8 cents. That's 1/125th of a semitone. Quite a small slice.

Unless you have dog ears, most of us can't tell such a difference. At best, 2 notes, detuned by that much, have what some describe as a slightly "fatter" sound or the start of a chorus effect IF you can hear it. Most can't.

But if it does exist, and I have no reason to doubt Armin, it will be fixed.

As I mentioned, it's spot on with my clip tuner, a SNARK, whose accuracy is +/- 1 CENT. So I'm already used to tuning at such a "gross" inaccuracy.

It might make a difference if you are a stickler at intonation work. Hence the popularity of the Peterson strobe units.

But if you play a Vintage Telecaster with those brass bridges you are used to horribly off intonation compared to 1 cent.

• I like the tuner updates, although it's still wobbling on the G string and now it's taken to also wobbling on the B string, but it's smoother than before apart from that (I'm assuming just a longer hamming window).

Only just got to play around with some stuff form the latest rig Keith Merrow pack too after updating, very nice, really feels great.

• Hey guys ~ I personally don't get all the minimizing of the new Depth feature - It's not just for headphones, and it can add a lot if you know how & when to use it. In other words, I dig it and it has a level control if you don't.... :thumbup:

All modelers known to man 8o

• I think it shouldn't be where it is.

It should be a new reverb effect. Say "Closet Reverb" because that's what it sounds like to me.

Either that or an untiled bathroom. I like it. Great feature.

• He also posted a clip where you can very clearly hear intonation issues. I guess I'll hold off on updating for now. I don't use custom offsets or low B strings.

Isn't that clip a joke?

Edit: sorry... I just noticed that Armin too made.a clip... I thought you were referring to Bruno's joke

• Hey guys ~ I personally don't get all the minimizing of the new Depth feature - It's not just for headphones, and it can add a lot if you know how & when to use it. In other words, I dig it and it has a level control if you don't.... :thumbup:

I personally think it is really great and gives a very natural "in the room" sound just like if I had set up an additional room mic.

But for values above 6 it get's really phasy. There might be some phasing issues going on. If that could be solved it would be an absolute killer feature.

Having said that I personally would have liked the tonestack library over the space feature. I had a bit of hope that things like that would make it into a release for Frankfurt, but obviously the Kemper team didn't think so.

I also had high hopes for a Librarian since with 1.7 and it's 1.000 rigs limit I can't use the KPA like I used to and I now would really urgently need a librarian to get back to get around my profiles.

• again tuner out by a few hertz some notes sharp others flat apart from B seems ok not really usable for tuning a guitar.
    like space efx

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• Just downloaded.
    SPACE wow I love this, great for playing in headphone or monitors at low volume, really inspiring thanks,
    and I didn't even have to pay for it............thank you!

/TAz

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• Thanks for including the "space" function , for headphones. It's great ! :D
    I've also noticed a bit of phase, similar to what happens in Will,s settings , to achieve a similar result in the reverb section.
    I'd also like to have it go to 20 8) just to have the effect of being in a larger room , a bit farther back from the amp, which would be great for Marshall stacks and playing along w live recordings.
    Nice now to also be able to be in a virtual room and also be able to add some spring reverb, which reminds me....could we have more settings on the spring rev,b ? O.K. I'm done.

• If it's off by 1 cent, that's the same as the boss TU-3 chromatic pedal tuner that most of us have used at one time or another. The difference between two adjacent notes is 100 cents.
    So I'm not going to worry about it, Kemper guys will fix it, no big deal.

Now a few quick tuning tips - use your NECK pickup, and if you have a tone control, roll it off so all the highs are attenuated. This will give the tuner a better signal. Try it. I also tune 12th fret harmonics because they are the same pitch as the open strings, but they ring out better.