1.7.0 Public Beta - Discussion

• Thanks for including the "space" function , for headphones. It's great ! :D
    I've also noticed a bit of phase, similar to what happens in Will,s settings , to achieve a similar result in the reverb section.
    I'd also like to have it go to 20 8) just to have the effect of being in a larger room , a bit farther back from the amp, which would be great for Marshall stacks and playing along w live recordings.
    Nice now to also be able to be in a virtual room and also be able to add some spring reverb, which reminds me....could we have more settings on the spring rev,b ? O.K. I'm done.

What are you outputs set to? Are you monitoring a summed mono signal?

• I love the Space function, it reminds me the early reflects reverb of the Eleven Rack I overabused to make my lead tone more 3D sounding.

Definitely a KEEPER !!

Thanks CK ! NOw let's talk about an Harmonizer :D:D

For me the best results are somewhere between 3 and 4.7

EDIT : I prefer to set the Space at about 2.1

Djemass

• What are you outputs set to? Are you monitoring a summed mono signal?

There are certainly quite obvious phase (or combfiltering) effects going on regardless if you monitor in mono or stereo. Above 5-6 it sounds like you kicked a phaser in. That is not uncommon for a room effect that is based on early reflections. I don't know if it is even possible to refine the algorithm since many outboard reverb units do the very same thing when you use the "small room" algorithms.

Anyway, I love that space effect up until 4-5, it's working great for me at those values. I just avoid going further although I'd really like to once the phasing is not that prominent.

• Yeah, I don't know why folks are dissing it.

It's excellent, but should be in the FX area as a new type of Reverb.

It's just confusing to be where it's at and called "space". Clogging up the interface.

It's a small room reverb, VERY small room, and deserves it's place.

Right now it's the Pluto of Reverbs! ;)

• this is basically a nice simple reverb?

Try it out. Generally, it would be categorized as reverb.

There are certainly quite obvious phase (or combfiltering) effects going on regardless if you monitor in mono or stereo. Above 5-6 it sounds like you kicked a phaser in. That is not uncommon for a room effect that is based on early reflections. I don't know if it is even possible to refine the algorithm since many outboard reverb units do the very same thing when you use the "small room" algorithms.

Anyway, I love that space effect up until 4-5, it's working great for me at those values. I just avoid going further although I'd really like to once the phasing is not that prominent.

In the stereo domain, it is common practice to slightly detune one side from another to gain some "width". However, when monitoring in mono one has the option of monitoring a summed stereo signal or simply one side of the stereo signal. In the case of the latter, you should not experience any pitch modulation UNLESS there is some type of panning effect also happening behind the scenes. Comb filtering is indeed part of what is happening with the new Space parameter and I much prefer it used in moderation. Given my limited experimentation, I think I still prefer my method of a no tail reverb mixed close to 100% vs the new Space effect, but happy to have any new features.

• Love this update.
    I have played yesterday night without any reverb besides the space fx (around 4) and i didn't need anything else.
    I never had issues with switching lag, and this is confirmed in this update: very fast.
    I love the fact that the KPA matches the CC sent with the PC.

Great work CK and team!

• What are you outputs set to? Are you monitoring a summed mono signal?

Thanks for the tips Will. I go frm the main outs, in stereo, to a Mackie mixer, which my phones are plugged into. Summing to mono does help with the phasing problem and is more realistic, for me, being used to playing thru only one amp w a couple of stomps.

• I changed cab on one of my rigs after upgrading to 1.7 PB. The amp part of the KPA froze alltogether. No sound. :|
    The input/output LEDs were dead off. Interacting with the browse knob and the display seemed to work as usual however.
    Cycling power fixed it.

Anyone else experienced this quirk?

• I changed cab on one of my rigs after upgrading to 1.7 PB. The amp part of the KPA froze alltogether. No sound. :|
    The input/output LEDs were dead off. Interacting with the browse knob and the display seemed to work as usual however.
    Cycling power fixed it.

Anyone else experienced this quirk?

same thing happen here, last night.... ?(