How do YOU amplify your KPA?

• I amplify my KPA with two amps. i connect the monitor output into the effects-loop-return and that's it.
    (tipp from guitarnet :thumbup: ) strange thing: whether i use my old plexi or my cheap transistor hartke:
    it does not make much of a difference apart from the possible higher volume with the marshall ?( ?( ?(
    it sounds good, very good and in the face. i love my kpa.

if i were playing greater venues (which i am not), i would tell the mixer to use one of the other putputs. i want my own
    sound around me! period.

which setting worked for you?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Monitor out -->K10(not liking it) Main left--> FOH

I'm hating the K10 with my KPA also, connected a pair of VERY CHEAP monitors and it's so much better... the K10 seems to have lots of high end but in fact it doesn't, what it really has is an extremely annoying excess of high mids in the 3k-4k range that simply drives me nuts. That and too much lows as well. Can't wait to get my hands on an Alto TS110A, I've been waiting for one to get through the highly corrupt and incompetent customs of Brazil for over 3 months now

:wacko:

• Surprising to hear the K10 not working well. It was one of the TGP darlings for awhile. Just goes to show that hype doesn't always match performance.

By the same token, my Yamaha DXR 10 should arrive this week, purchased due to the recommendations of users on here. ;)
    I don't have a local store to try anything out, so I just have to give it a go and return it if not satisfied.

• I'm hating the K10 with my KPA also, connected a pair of VERY CHEAP monitors and it's so much better... the K10 seems to have lots of high end but in fact it doesn't, what it really has is an extremely annoying excess of high mids in the 3k-4k range that simply drives me nuts. That and too much lows as well. Can't wait to get my hands on an Alto TS110A, I've been waiting for one to get through the highly corrupt and incompetent customs of Brazil for over 3 months now

:wacko:

I have the KPA Monitor Out to -> AltoTS110A. Brilliant. Main Left/Right Out -> Focusrite -> HM50.

• Stereo Outs to FOH, Monitor out to RCF 310A.
    Am currently thinking if I should upgrade to either a Yamaha DXR10 or a RCF NX10. Any feedback from people who have tried all of them welcome!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Monitor out -> FX loop of of Carvin X100B -> custom 2X12.

I'm still contemplating a move to FRFR, but am kind of afraid of getting a mic'ed tone instead of an in-the-room tone.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Monitor out -> FX loop of of Carvin X100B -> custom 2X12.

I'm still contemplating a move to FRFR, but am kind of afraid of getting a mic'ed tone instead of an in-the-room tone.

No need to be afraid, the KPA is all about the mic tone. It's different but just as glorious. Turn it up loud an it will still blow your mind .

Recently had the chance to play through a friends 2 x 2000 rms watt mackie stereo set up. I'm still shaking and my ears may never recover ;)

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I have the KPA Monitor Out to -> AltoTS110A. Brilliant. Main Left/Right Out -> Focusrite -> HM50.

Yeah, thanks for feeding my GAS :P

BTW, how's the TS110A in a band situation, is it loud enough? I intend to use it on a stand pointed sideways at me and then the rest of the band. I'm mainly concerned with rehearsals as when playing live the drummer gets his own feed and we can also put some guitar on the side monitors as well.

• KPA out to either
    - Yamaha DXR 10. makes for an awesome consistent tone. For ANY rig.
    - Fender Mustang III using cabdriver. Makes for very convincing 1x12 or 2x12 tones.
    - sometimes I hit my AC 30 or my Marshall 6100 with the KPA which gives me the same pleasure, but these amps are very heavy and I hate to lug them around.

• Yeah, thanks for feeding my GAS :P

BTW, how's the TS110A in a band situation, is it loud enough? I intend to use it on a stand pointed sideways at me and then the rest of the band. I'm mainly concerned with rehearsals as when playing live the drummer gets his own feed and we can also put some guitar on the side monitors as well.

I use a TS110A as a wedge, it's plenty loud for me.

• I use a TS110A as a wedge, it's plenty loud for me.

How is the sound quality? Can you compare it to say a QSCk10 or some studio monitors?
    Anyone?

Never mind I just ordered a Alto TS112A $234 shipped. I can always use it for something if it don't work out for guitar.