use GR55 with KEMPER

• [Blocked Image: http://imageshack.us/a/img203/3271/imageipi.jpg]

I tweaked my setup a bit over the weekend, moving everything from my road cases to my studio desk. My Roland Strat's 13 pin is currently split by a GKP-4 and goes to my GI-20, GR-55, and VG-88 v2., ( but the vg and gr amp modeling doesn't compare to the Kempers!!!) My digital line mixer, Roland M-1000, only has 1 set of analog inputs, so the guitar out of the GI-20, the GR-55, and VG-88 are sub mixed by an old Ross mixer, while the XV-5050 synth has 4 coax digital outputs. The M-1000's coax digital out goes into the KPA digital input in the rear.

I moved everything in to the desk in preparation for adding the Fishman Triple Play, ( whenever it finally ships Grrrr!). The m-1000 can interface with my iMac via USB, to interface the soft synth audio with my other gear.

My Ground Control Pro,( along with a Midi Merge to bring in the midi guitar data), handle all of the presets, instant access to a few pedals, and control of 3 KPA effect slots.

Anticipation .

• Search for user "Elantric". PM him about the modification that can be done to the GR-55 to pull the guitar signal off of the GK input *before* the internal circuitry. You have to add another 1/4" output jack on the rear, but it's a really easy mod to do and solves the noise issues almost entirely!

It's all in the wiKPA, guys :)

• Have you tried disengaging the amp section?

I have set up a preset like that to try, it was lacking something that a simulation of a bi-amped bass amp, or obviously keyboard amp, might give in the real world.

I am just being lazy and hoping to steal some ideas from any using synth tones through the KPA. So far modding the JC120 has been the best preset with amp stack active.

I may just revert back to original setup,...bringing Synth in through auxiliary and bypassing everything.
    Thanks tho.

• You need to bring the Synth tones in through the Stereo Loop engaged in the X slot AFTER the KPA amp block....or if you are running FW 1.7, use the Aux Input volume in the Main volume section to mix it straight to the final output. This way you can have KPA amp and GR55 tones mixed.

bd

• You need to bring the Synth tones in through the Stereo Loop engaged in the X slot AFTER the KPA amp block....or if you are running FW 1.7, use the Aux Input volume in the Main volume section to mix it straight to the final output. This way you can have KPA amp and GR55 tones mixed.

bd

Yup, that was my original setup since 1.6 beta, and although I have tried other configuration etc. I seem to be leaning towards reverting back to that one.

Thank you.