The 1000 Profile Limit

• I got up to about 800, pared down to 300, then as I got more of Andy's and the Exchange, back up to 800.

So I started using my Favourite's folder, instead of the "snapshot" area. I started at 120, then up to 170, now down to the 150's.

I don't like the 1000 in theory, but as a theoretical limit, it's like my mother putting pressure on me to clean my room.

From time to time it forces me to reckon with what I have and delete those I'm not using, or likely to use anytime soon. I can always reload them.

My only real complaint with the 1000 limit is this: NOT being able to easily rename patches makes it difficult to keep fewer but well ordered rigs.

There is a program that can rename patches. I'm thinking that maybe I should take all mine off, rename and upload in batches. But it will take hours to do that. Not many hours, but I'm lazy! BTW, that program would be mega-awesome IF I could do drag-n-drop of rig files to it!

• I think that 1000 rigs are more than enough....Especially if the MIDI CC numbers will be free assignable/configurable in the Kemper, and if all the important parameters will be controlled by a cheap MIDI foot controller...

If I have this flexibility in the future in my KPA I need only a few rigs, under 500.....,
    even if I have 12 different programs in my bands repertoire with about 500 different songs.....with a lot of very special and different tones/effects.
    .....and very often I need random-like repertoir change at concerts, because the audience is our decisive commander.... :P

....and I must to say that such a situation is not hypothetical, but often happends to me. ;)

Unfortunately in the current situation I,m limited with my foot controller to 128 switchable rigs with a very limited CC options. :(;(
    ....so, for live situation You don,t need anymore 2000 rigs. ;) and for the studio You can take them on a stick if You are traveling between studios. :)

• I hate memory limits. reminds me of the old days when turbo pascal and others had the fracking 64k limit you constantly had to work around.

There are many situations when you probably don't need more than 3 or 4 profiles and a couple of effect combos saved as rigs/patches - BUT before that you like to audition/try out profiles, maintain your collection of patches ...

Those of you who are not amp collectors in real life will easily get along with a few profiles, but the hassle of the current rig management if one likes to try/compare/play with the beauties that are out there is annoying and way behind 21st century technology.

I don't have the time nor the interest to tar/untar, mess with backups ... - maintaining profile "collections" on a computer without creating a mess of redundancies is a pain in the "whatsoever".

So either please finally put some significant resources into building/finishing a "librarian" or publish a white paper with the technical details of the software interface, so that the community can work on that itself.

I love my KPA, have recommended it to anyone I have spoken too, but this particular issue (limit plus no management tool) is very disappointing.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Everything has limits and human nature is to want more. If 2000 was the limit, some people would want more. A librarian will be nice to have but, IMHO, 1000 rigs is a pretty practical limit compared to most other modeling technologies. Being able to carry 1000 rigs per backup on each USB Flash drive costing only a few dollars and restore them in a matter of minutes is pretty amazing too. Even my Android smartphone can browse and open archive files on external USB Flash drives. We've come a long ways! And, since I'm human, I still want more! :D

The librarian will come...we just want it now!

bd

• The librarian will come...we just want it now!

I don't mean to call you out on this but I have been reading people saying this for the last year, yet I have never seen a single post from Mr. Kemper confirming this.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Don't we just need the USB browsing function with USB Load with a 2nd option to easily select different backups (named as we want them to be named) ?
    We then could play around with new stuff on the one hand an load endless backup sets as we want to.
    No worry about internal hardware storage limits.
    :rolleyes:

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• He did confirm it. See post #45 on this thread: Are the Kemper folks working on an "Editor"?

Cheers,
    Markus

Thank you for the link to this - I never knew this.

Back on March 8th I received a reply back to a message with product enhancement ideas that I had submitted through the Kemper website. Some of what I sent had to do with an editor/librarian and part of the reply back addressed this... "Sorry, I can't say when there will be any kind of Librarian or Editor, I'm always trying to push the team into this direction." I took this to mean it wasn't even something that they had been active with but after reading CK's comments it could be well underway (among other things) but without any release date that they could share.

Thanks again Markus.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.