Some nice Marshall

• I don't get it! Please explain to me what I am missing? Ok I plugged this profile in expecting to hear some screaming JVM, AFD, or YJM tones. What I hear is a flat smooth profile that sounds somewhat midrange(kind of like putting a cup over the speaker.) So I turned on the boost and distortion on and sounds a lot better. So my question is what is the rave about? Is it the fact that it is a pure old Marshall sound that you need to add tube screamers etc to get to rock? Anyways, not putting the profile down. I just want to make sure I understand the concept of the profile. Is the intention to tweak it to taste?

How loud are you playing the Profile, and what speakers you using?

• This profile is ridiculously good. Throw on the Treble Booster...wow. Just awesome dynamics. Pick light and it's completely clean. Dig in and it's rock. Thanks for sharing it!

If you like the dynamics of this profile, apply the tweaking in the amp section to other profiles. Sagging is 9.5, there is compression, changes in bias and clarity is 4.5. This combination makes it sound dynamic. In my opinion, too dynamic because notes played lightly with your fingers sound as loud o louder than notes played agressively with the pick.

But, decreasing a bit the sagging, I love the profile with all my guitars! Thank you for sharing. :thumbup:

• Intension of that profile was catching that pure not overproduced 70s Marshall sound like AC/DC is using on albums like Dirty Deeds and High Voltage.

And: Yes, that might sound like "a cup over the speaker", but that´s what was intended too. The old AC/DC sounds sound like that, sometimes very strange, but with the whole band just rockin!

If playing guitar hard and tough you´ll get that sound without need of treble booster or overdrive. Check out Dirty Deeds album, that´s what I wanted to get with this. But also you can use this profile as a base for modifying to get a wide range of higher gain classic Marshall sounds, just as it is with the real amps ................. but here no soldering tools needed! :D

When listening to many profiles uploaded it´s pretty often these overloaded profiles with plenty of effects, reverb, delay, .................... but the truth is the tone of the pure amp first, without any effects, ............ effects can be added by anyone by taste!

• Wonna say now that these are profiles of my Bloody Rocka amp, here used in Plexi mode, ............ so have fun with it! Tubes are NOS Lorenz, Tungsram (for the preamp section), and a 1999 SED EL34 quad for the power section. This amp is breathing and smoking your tone, and may be some of that is caught in these profiles! :D

• Wonna say now that these are profiles of my Bloody Rocka amp, here used in Plexi mode, ............ so have fun with it! Tubes are NOS Lorenz, Tungsram (for the preamp section), and a 1999 SED EL34 quad for the power section. This amp is breathing and smoking your tone, and may be some of that is caught in these profiles! :D

Do you know what pickups are in the Tokai?

My kemper is clipping the output bad. I'm using a Les Paul with BB3's.

• When I lean really hard into this rig with my '70 LP Custom, with its barely 7 kohm t-tops, I can almost make that LED turn red. Right after high school, I played through a beat up used amp like this one:

[Blocked Image: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/334650333_b9603307ea.jpg]

This profile has the same mid to low mid "nose" that amp had - it really delivers that tone and feeling. I traded the amp off when I needed something with two channels. Its great to have pretty much the same sound and feel in my Kemper, with 1000 channels :)

With lower gain amps, a persons playing style has a lot to do with how the amp sounds. If I play this profile the same way I would play a higher gain profile, even the way I would play the Golub, it can sound unremarkable. But, leaning into it, with a lot of dynamics, it really comes alive.

I like it with a little pure boost, too :)

• Clipping only happens with chords played tough here, so that´s ok for me. Otherwise just turn some knobs. Pickups are in the 8-8,8k range with special degaussed magnets. JB often rolls his volume knob down a lil bit, that´s also what I did on the second video. After playing these videos I been watching JBs Django at the Royal Albert Hall, and had to laugh seeing him working with the volume pot very similar .......... :D

• Yes, there´s a simple reason for that: This week I will finally (after years in stoneage) get fast internet. Up to now uploading Youtube videos been a pain in the ass, so smaller lower quality videos (as for Facebook) been a quick solution to me, whenever I wanted to do some quick one. So when I get the fast internet there will be more detailed better quality videos coming from me again on Youtube. Also other new things will be possible then, may be I try doing skype sessions, and I also will offer a Kemper pickup service, so guys can send me their fav. Kemper rig, and I wil play some short tunes on these rigs with pickup models wanted. So I also got in the actual millenium now! :D

• Wow, didn't think about internet speed. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll get it soon ... and follow your Youtube channel. :)

A whole new world of possibilities will open up for you (and us :D ). For example uStream sessions, which should be even better than Skype sessions for a bigger crowd. Anyway, I'm very curious now what you'll come up with, hehe.

I would have done these kind of things already if I only could play guitar a little better. But my black toaster helps me practice more than ever. :)

• Main thing is having fun, and if it´s fun, you get better as you practise more. After the international music fair (been working there last week) I had some overdose of guitar and noise, but after some relaxing and some mp3 headphone listening to JB Royal Albert Hall I was in the mood of doing some thing, and played guitar whole sunday afternoon, only using the Kemper. It´s also a very good training tool, here I explain the simple steps: ;)

Take the fav. rig
    switch all boosters and overdrives off
    switch all other effetcs like reverb and delay off
    lower the gain
    and lower the gain again

Now it´s your fingers that define most of the tone, and now practise! When that sounds good give you more gain again, and switch the effects on again, if wanted/needed. Have fun! :)

• Words of wisdom. :thumbup:

• @ practicing: It's a good advice to lower the gain and switch off all effects, but to me it's only half of the truth, because: Live or in any other band situation the damping and precise playing becomes more important (if you're playing with more gain than you practice). So imho that needs some practicing too! 8)

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)