Some nice Marshall

• Please do not kill anybody for a profile! :D The amp is a Marshall style chassis, I put some Marshall style inner life in. The profile is done in Plexi mode of this amp, also offering a master volume, and the profile just sounds like the amp with that settings. Profile was done not too loud, just the point of volume that I like, when I do clips with real amps. To me that sounds sometimes better than loud, when it´s a good amp.

The video at Facebook is done with Kemper (own profile), that´s right - as all my recordings are now done with my Kemper and my own (or Andys profiles when other sounds than Marshall style are required) profiles.

What I liked on S-Gear (Mike Scuffham is doing also a gret job) and on Kemper is the natural sounding guitars, and that you really got that raw thing of a Marshall too. Most of the Marshall profiles I tried on the Kemper did not satisfy me, and to me they did not sound like I know my babies. (Marshalls or Marshall style amps) I want that growl, and I want to identify quickly the sound of the amps that stands for the sound of rock bands of many years.

That´s the reason why I played some AC/DC stuff, cause that´s pure old Marshall sound on the old albums. And that´s what I wanted to get with the profile I uploaded.

Good some of you like that profile, ....... :thumbup:

• Can you at least disclose what type of Marshall it is? Going by the fat bass it sounds a bit JTM45-like to me.

I just saw you carry MJT parts at your store. I think I have to drop by and have a look since you are located not too far away from me. I have a MJT strat that was custom painted for me matched to a picture of a '55 I sent them. Their work is fantastic. It's the best strat I've ever played, but the Stauffer (actually Häussel) PUs might play a role as well ;) I'm still contemplating about building a second one and now that you are carrying their stuff this is even more tempting.

Hey! Yes, MJT mates are doing a great job. But don´t let´s talk about that here, send me a PM or mail, then we can talk about that!

• Very good profile! Reminds me of the Marshall Golub profile but then with another flavour. I both like them! And many others too :)

• Yep, any chance of getting that one too? ;)

Seriously, ACY, have you ever thought about doing a Marshall profile pack?

Did think about that sometimes, but not been quite sure if more Marshall sounds where needed, and if I could satisfy customers wanted quality. But up to now most available Marshall profiles not been to my taste, and I´m a lil bit kind of a snob when it´s about Marshall sounds. I do not like overmodded Marshalls, cause I think Jim has done a great job. But ........ there´s always something, that might be improved in detail. That´s also what I´m doing, when I´m working on Marshalls, no modding, I call it straightening to the right direction. The right direction is defined just by me and my taste, and what I think what Jim intended, when he built the amps. Rest is Rock´n´Roll! ;)

So will think about that. What´s your ideas for Marshall pack sounds, please let me know!

Some Strat with one of my profiles

• So will think about that. What´s your ideas for Marshall pack sounds, please let me know!

I like that one, early ZZ Top all the way:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=120157591482987

And here is a video from the guys at guitarpoint, real Marshall and a not too shabby guitar ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vJxesLAHc

That's one of the Marshall sounds I didn't find among the current profiles in the KPA. Andy has a MKII that goes in the same direction but that's about it. That would also help people who are looking for Bonamassa sounds:

I think Marshall is all about the midrange and you profiles do this so well. Other Marshall profiles for the KPA have usually more bass and more treble and that effectively decreases the midrange.

So ACY, go for it and put just all the profiles from your videos in a pack and call it a product.

• Ah, some (too much) :D talking Ali showing some of Detlefs guitars, understand. The Alvin Lee guitar video´s not been one of my own profiles, if I got it right (god damn, I gotta start make notes about the rigs played on clips and videos) that´s been an EvilRobot profile from Andy. (great sounding pack)

The Marshall Ali played seems to be an end 60s Plexi, but here used with a power soak changing the sound for sure. Depending on volume turned up you get that softer Marshall sound, going more into JTM45 direction, when just listening to tone. I can do such sounds too, but I prefer the raw Marshall sound. I will think about that, and may be I´ll do it some other way and make some ACY/DEECY style pack, or some Billy Gee pack, ........ just don´t know.

Here´s a pic of the profiling Mic, took a while til I found the position I liked most!

[Blocked Image: http://www.acys-lounge.de/tl_files/content/ppics/kpa_profiling_01.jpg]

• The Marshall Ali played seems to be an end 60s Plexi, but here used with a power soak changing the sound for sure. Depending on volume turned up you get that softer Marshall sound, going more into JTM45 direction, when just listening to tone. I can do such sounds too, but I prefer the raw Marshall sound. I will think about that, and may be I´ll do it some other way and make some ACY/DEECY style pack, or some Billy Gee pack, ........ just don´t know.

Yeah I think at one point in the video (or one of the other videos I'm not sure) he says it's a '69 metal panel. They are typically brighter than the sound in the video. Obviously Ali was going for a bluesy JTM vibe for showcasing that guitar. Great sound nevertheless.

But also a great idea to do packs around certain players. I would by a Billy G. pack in a heartbeat. Just think "Brown Sugar". Though some sources say that wasn't even a Marshall, it sounds like a late 60s plexi to me.

And of course some nice Angus crunch as well!

• Wow!!! This is the BEST rig of Banjo which I heard! ! ! I NEED This Profile!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: JoeBlob didn't tell lies!!!

• Good morning ...... ah ......... see, Joe Blobs words still seem to be believed, aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:;)

The guitar in that facebook vid is a 2005 Tokai LS85F, violin finish, satin. Pickup´s a 1959 B CCC, a not regular custom made model, and the amp of that profile is my Bloody Rocka amp. For all more interested: Im using a 3m guitar cable with an added special cap to simulate the sound of a 6m cable, cause that´s what I prefer. Rest is Superior Drummer, some bass, and recorded way easy with quicktime on my Mac. You see, nothing special. Oh, forgot ..... Tokai baby got all new electronic heart, braided shielded wiring, switchcraft toggle, CTS SSP pots, paper in oil caps, switchcraft jack, ....... brass saddle bridge, and alu STP ....... nothing special, .......... 9-46 strings, Pyramids actually. Nothing special, did I say that? :D

Here´s the backing track, let´s hear a result when you´re done!

AGL Facebook Backing Track

• You're a champion!...thanks for all the info and the backing track.

I love the Matt/Satin VF Tokais, smooth as silk on the fingers...I like your "nothing special" mods as well. :D

I'll see if I can produce some noise on that backing track using the 'Some Marshall' Profile. ;)

• +1000000

looking since ages for a Marshall SL profile like the guy with the " not too shabby guitar" :D .

ACY's Some Marshall is a great one - feels real organic.

but still waiting for THE SL ;(

cheers
    N