Lightweight and (relatively) inexpensive active monitor options

• Greetings,

I have been running my Kemper straight into the board and monitoring through the band's standard floor monitors. It has been working well, but for peace of mind I would like to pick up a lightweight active monitor that I can fall back on, if necessary, when playing with an unfamiliar sound system / sound guy.

I still anticipate relying heavily on the standard floor monitors for my stage volume, so I do not need something overly powerful -- just a monitor that I can control and "add to the mix" if I am not getting what I need from the sound guy.

I want something that I can carry comfortably in one hand so that I am not increasing my trips to and from the car; that is fairly inexpensive (no firm budget, however); and that is fairly flat so that I do not need to defeat the speaker sims on my monitor out (the speaker sims are a real highlight of the KPA for me)

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sean

• another vote for the fbt verve 8ma. these are small, affordable and cut reasonably well. not necessarily super-flat, but fair enough for the intended purpose.