Any opinion on the KRK VXT8 monitors?

• I am looking at some new monitors - I saw the KRK VXT8 s (on the Kemper Facebook page actually) has anyone used these? Any opinions? Am currently using Behringer Truth 2031 s.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I've been using Behringer Truths with my KPA since Oct 2011.
    I've plugged into KRK's in music stores a few times, the Behringers sound better, bigger, to my ears.

Having said that, no one will believe me because the word "Behringer" is not as popular as the word "KRK". :)

• Interesting..thanks.My issue is whether I should get a FRFR cab or better off upgrading my monitors...my use for the KPA is home only at the moment. :huh:

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't

• I've been using Behringer Truths with my KPA since Oct 2011.
    I've plugged into KRK's in music stores a few times, the Behringers sound better, bigger, to my ears.

Having said that, no one will believe me because the word "Behringer" is not as popular as the word "KRK". :)

Was this the Rokit series or the VXT? Rokit = chinese mdf crap, VXT = very good chinese crap. :)

Seriously, it's like Squier vs. Fender in terms of sound quality. I used to own Rokit5's and have VXT4's now.

But the Truths are good for the money I give you that. But since op's budget is more towards $1200 a pair, I'd go with Neumann KH120's or Adam A7X's.

• VXT and even better old KRK V Series 1 are some of the best translating middle class studio speakers around (they are not always fun though since they are really revealing). The old V Series sounds more open while the new VXT Series has a little more boxiness going. But I've used VXT 6 with sub extensively and this are killer speakers. Don't mix them up with the new Rokit stuff - they are leagues above them. Old 10 year old Passive Rokits however are the shit. I've a pair of them at home and love them...