power amp for 300 eur ???

• Is that what they said here :
    http://www.skatingdog.com/

we send them our Kemper, and they install power amp for the costs of Eur 300 ???

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• What we have to do to get someone attention to explain this to the Forum ?

I think it says we get rebate if we buy a powered unit

• is that article really saying you won't be able to buy a poweramp if you already own a KPA?

if so, the solution they're offering (300€ rebate for powered kpa) is laughable. they can't seriously expect older users to sell their current KPA and buy a powered one for 'just' 1700€ if you want to upgrade.

• is that article really saying you won't be able to buy a poweramp if you already own a KPA?

if so, the solution they're offering (300€ rebate for powered kpa) is laughable. they can't seriously expect older users to sell their current KPA and buy a powered one for 'just' 1700€ if you want to upgrade.

Well bear in mind it's to buy a new KPA rather than upgrade, so they're probably expecting you to sell your existing one to help finance that. The trouble is from what I've seen on eBay second hand Kempers' are selling at around $1200, so even with that and and rebate in the US that's still an additional $1060 to get a 600watt solid state poweramp "added" to your Kemper.

Seems like it would make more sense to buy elsewhere, sure it wont be as integrated, but how much integration do you need on a volume control?

When I read it too I was thinking that it seems like a bit of a slap in the face for early adopters though, given that we were all lead to believe that the cavity in the back of our lunchboxes was going to be for the future poweramp, and that even when the poweramp came out suggestions were abound that the existing units would be upgradable (at a reasonably comparative price). Fortunately for me I don't need a poweramp, but I don't think it's going to appease many folk.

• Well bear in mind it's to buy a new KPA rather than upgrade, so they're probably expecting you to sell your existing one to help finance that. The trouble is from what I've seen on eBay second hand Kempers' are selling at around $1200, so even with that and and rebate in the US that's still an additional $1060 to get a 600watt solid state poweramp "added" to your Kemper.

Seems like it would make more sense to buy elsewhere, sure it wont be as integrated, but how much integration do you need on a volume control?

When I read it too I was thinking that it seems like a bit of a slap in the face for early adopters though, given that we were all lead to believe that the cavity in the back of our lunchboxes was going to be for the future poweramp, and that even when the poweramp came out suggestions were abound that the existing units would be upgradable (at a reasonably comparative price). Fortunately for me I don't need a poweramp, but I don't think it's going to appease many folk.

I agree. This is kinda crappy for us that bought the lunchbox with hopes to put an inexpensive solid state amp in the back. Even the "camplifier" is way too expensive for what it is. :thumbdown:

• I agree. This is kinda crappy for us that bought the lunchbox with hopes to put an inexpensive solid state amp in the back. Even the "camplifier" is way too expensive for what it is. :thumbdown:

There is a solution for that though. :D

I'll need to try some day how my EHX Magnum sounds powering the KPA. Granted it's not exactly the same shape as the space in the back, but it fits in there. :P

• So the question is :
    how the guys from Kemper solutions can produce a simple amp fitting in the back of KPA so every user can easily install it , but Kemper can not do that ??????

Very disappointing , beside of any excuse .

• Even the "camplifier" is way too expensive for what it is. :thumbdown:

I don't agree with this statement, consider that is hand-built in Germany by Ritter Amps, is not a Far East chain production like almost any other power amp in the same price range.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Quite a disappointing announcement to be honest.

On one hand I understand the complications this might bring and losing the safety certificate, but still only 300 euro rebate?
    For a very very innovative product, its hard to grasp that they can't find a workaround.

Additionally this will result in quite a few 2nd hand KPAs coming to the market nevertheless.

• Okay. Bit difficult to understand...

The powered Kemper costs 2100€ new.

Unpowered Kemper 1550€

Difference for poweramp: 550€

If I sell my unpowered Kemper and buy a new powered Kemper I got 300€ rabat.

If i don´t loose money i had to sell my Kemper for 1300€ maximum.

So I have a new Kemper with poweramp.

Is that right?

Music Man JP 6-String/Piezo Pearl Redburst, Kemper Stage, Kemper Power Kabinet

• I bought a ehx magnum 44 recently and I am really satisfied so far. One rehearsal with my band - Metal -> Loud Drummer the other guitar player with a 5150. The EHX gets to about the same level as the Peavey with Volume on 3-5 which is PLENTY loud. Cleans will break up a little though and have some (quite nice sounding though) crunch on top of them. But since I only use it for on stage monitoring and rehearsal ( Kemper main out will feed FOH) I couldn't care less I must say. Will be playing Wave Gotik Treffen @ Kohlrabi Zirkus (w/ Paradise Lost) which is a big (and shitty sounding) venue the coming weekend and there I will see how it will work on big stages. For Club Shows it will be absolutely cool - I can already say that now....