CK is King!!!!

• Another weekend comes around and so more gigging for me. Every time I plug my KPA in I just can't believe how good it really is. But beyond this CK is really giving us users everything we want. Everyone has been asking for a pitch shifter and CK and the crew are making it happen next weekend for us to try at Musikmesse. I know there are a few things we are all waiting for foot controller, performance mode etc, but slowly and surely CK is answering our prayers with all the features we ask for by adding them. I see a few people moan when a new feature is arriving in a new firmware, but something they want is added. Just appreciate everything we have so far and extras that are to come. For £1250 what can you buy that sounds this good, is this versatile and has everything a guitarist needs in one simple box....... There is not, so relax enjoy the ride and appreciate everything the Kemper team are doing :thumbup:

• Love my Kpa but sure would like to get a working Librairian or edit tool. My Pod hd was a pleasure for this, don' know why the KPA can't have the same options by now !!!!

So did your Pod sound as good as the KPA? Probably not.
    The Kemper development team is very small compared to a huge company like Line6. I definitely would rather them work on great features like the foot controller and effects. A librarian would be a nice luxury but there are more important items.

• There's many perfectly excellent foot controllers and effects on the market today that you can use now. However there are no librarian/editors for the KPA which would be such a huge timesaver in workflow.

"Perfectly excellent" is way off base. There are foot controllers that do a great job of communicating one-way, which isn't exactly ideal. An integrated controller with tuner display would be a huge addition for users like me that actually perform with the KPA. And it should be obvious that having native effects like pitch shift is a much better solution than spending more money on outboard effects.

Using the same rationale as you, there are ways to edit and catalogue your profiles right now, just as there are foot controllers that work with the KPA.
    I have a feeling there are many more people that would benefit from an integrated foot controller on a day to day basis. Somehow, even without a librarian/editor, there have been thousands of incredible rigs and profiles created and submitted to the repository.

• Love my Kpa but sure would like to get a working Librairian or edit tool. My Pod hd was a pleasure for this, don' know why the KPA can't have the same options by now !!!!

++1

the kpa sounds way better, but the options to controll the pedals exp/wah and stomps are on the pod better (all in one produkt). sorry i´m not a midi-nerd

with an kpa footswitchcontroller it will be perfect! :D :thumbup:

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Patience people!!!!! all these things will come soon I'm sure of it just enjoy how good the KPA is and relish the new feature as they are released

Agree..... ;)8)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• "Perfectly excellent" is way off base. There are foot controllers that do a great job of communicating one-way, which isn't exactly ideal. An integrated controller with tuner display would be a huge addition for users like me that actually perform with the KPA. And it should be obvious that having native effects like pitch shift is a much better solution than spending more money on outboard effects.

Using the same rationale as you, there are ways to edit and catalogue your profiles right now, just as there are foot controllers that work with the KPA.
    I have a feeling there are many more people that would benefit from an integrated foot controller on a day to day basis. Somehow, even without a librarian/editor, there have been thousands of incredible rigs and profiles created and submitted to the repository.

Two way communication so you can have the tuner on the floor? Sounds like what you really want is a KPA in floorboard format. And KPA effects are alright but they are nothing compared to something like a Eventide.

• It always depends what kind of music you play. What the Kemper does an Eventide don't do it significantly better, though it makes a lot more, agree on this.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Comparing an eventide to a KPA is completely insane. Eventide is effects only where the KPA is alot more so its like comparing a Renult Espace to a Ferrari. Espace is to carry lots of people from A-B where as a Ferrari is to get from A-B as quick as possible lol :D

Wasn't comparing them in that way, just saying if you want more advanced effects outside the basics there's plenty of them available out there right now, and Eventide has been the king of pitch effects for over 30 years. IMO librarian, metadata organization and storage/recall issues are the weakest link with the KPA right now, and the built-in effects are more than adequate in the interim.

Edited once, last by Animus ().

• Wasn't comparing them in that way, just saying if you want more advanced effects outside the basics there's plenty of them available out there right now, and Eventide has been the king of pitch effects for over 30 years. IMO librarian, metadata organization and storage/recall issues are the weakest link with the KPA right now, and the built-in effects are more than adequate in the interim.

There are a few weak links in the kemper at the mo no doubt about that but the KPA gang are on the case and slowly filling these links 1 by 1 which is why its a great piece of kit and they are a great team. Looking forward to the pitch shift effect very much so :)

• Another weekend comes around and so more gigging for me. Every time I plug my KPA in I just can't believe how good it really is. But beyond this CK is really giving us users everything we want. Everyone has been asking for a pitch shifter and CK and the crew are making it happen next weekend for us to try at Musikmesse. I know there are a few things we are all waiting for foot controller, performance mode etc, but slowly and surely CK is answering our prayers with all the features we ask for by adding them. I see a few people moan when a new feature is arriving in a new firmware, but something they want is added. Just appreciate everything we have so far and extras that are to come. For £1250 what can you buy that sounds this good, is this versatile and has everything a guitarist needs in one simple box....... There is not, so relax enjoy the ride and appreciate everything the Kemper team are doing :thumbup:

Agreed, totally! This is the most awesome piece of gear I bought in a long time. Love it, love the amazing features that keep popping up with each upgrade. Thanks Mr CK! :thumbup:

• Agree, At 63,other then my 63 Gibson 335, This is the best and most exciting pieace of gear I've ever owned. :thumbup:

Ha, nice to not be the oldest on the forum! And I agree, definitely the best piece of gear I've owned :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer