5U 19" rack and Kemper

• True, although the one I mentioned the holes line up already so no drilling needed. But I have drilled holes in other shelves to mount things and it's also a good solution, especially if you have one lying around with no holes in it already. Sometimes Amazon (in the US) has those rack shelves as low as $15 (that's what I paid for the one I mentioned). So it can be a very affordable solution as well.

Probably goes without saying that the KPA feet use special a special bit to get them off but I reuse those same screws to mount it to the shelf so the threads inside the KPA case don't get stripped out. Plus I can reattach the feet if I ever needed to.

J

• Could you make a pic of all that? Especially the lids with the remote.

A friend of mine has borrowed my main unit for a tour so I won't see it for a few weeks. I made a couple illustrations with my backup-unit and a lid from a cheap effects-rack.

Maybe this can give you an idea.

The front lid:
    [Blocked Image: http://s32.postimg.org/t7n63thkh/frontlid.jpg]
    Red blocks represent bits of stiff foam that are glued to the lid for support.
    Blue strips represent Velcro straps. Straps are stitched to rings on one end. The other end has a reverse lock-patch so you pull them through the ring on the opposite side and fold back to lock.
    Green is oval-shaped rings for the Velcro straps that are attached with bolts through the lid (flathead-screws on the outside)
    The wireless transmitter lives in a vinyl pouch that is attached to the rack-lid with Velcro to prevent it from rattling about.
    The actual materials used for the build are black or lacquered black.

The back lid:
    [Blocked Image: http://s32.postimg.org/vq8v4i3ap/backlid.jpg]
    Materials are the same as above, but with the addition of legs (yellow) made from square aluminium tubes (1cm).
    Velcro-straps hold both the legs and the expression-pedals in place.
    The legs are more complex in reality than the sketch indicate with mechanisms to lock them in position and with cross-members for rigidity.

I chose a durable shock-proof rack for the unit so the combined weight is substantial:
    Empty rack: 11.2kg
    Shelf: 0.4kg
    Powerstrip: 0.73kg
    Kemper head: 5.32kg
    L6 G90 receiver: 2.3kg
    Kemper remote: 2.9kg
    Expression pedal: 1.43kg (*2)
    Wireless transmitter and cables: 1kg (estimate)
    Legs: 2.5kg (estimate)
    It adds up to about 30kg.

Here is an old image that show how my main unit previously was mounted in a simple effects-rack. The KPA sits on a shelf and I had to drill new holes to drop it about 1 inch further into the rack to get enough space for the Kemper remote in the front-lid.

Edited 3 times, last by heldal ().