KPA - Public BETA 1.8.0.8357

• This sounds cool about the standard tuning being dropped to D tuning. How can the kemper do this could you explain please. I have a few songs in my set which are open G tuning. I normally carry around another guitar but this would stop that if the kemper can change the tuning of the guitar

I would quote myself here but that would appear (a) Highly vain and (b) probably violate some fundamental law of Physics - like looking at an infinite hall of mirrors...
    Ahem.. use the transpose feature and simply dial in the the number of semitone you want to detune to.
    So -1 would give you that bluesy Jimi / SRV vibe (ish).
    -2 would be a tone down so D.
    Anything lower and you can summon Satan himself... be warned. Apart from that have fun experimenting 8)
    But seriously... don't go lower than -2. Just saying...

But we're not talking about open tunings here...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Blackbird... You can go lower than -2. Sure the KPA will let you. Will even sound good. But then you would have let Satan into the world. Is that what you really want...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I thought was way to good to be true. I done some drop B running with the transpose effect which sound great

• Just trying to work out if you could get somewhere close to DADGAD using custom scales...

EDIT: lol... sadly no. Thought about shifting the harmony with the mix up full. But this isn't really a polyphonic setting... and I'm sleep deprived. There's some interesting potential though buried here...

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().

• Awesome update.

Is it possible to pitch bend the harmonized note with an expression pedal and keep the input note unchanged?

Yes:

Pedal Pitch- ( another PEDAL STEEL effect!)

The interval parameters may vary with the kind of riffs you have in mind. This will give you a suspended fourth if you play the root note of the chord. It also can float over a I-IV chord change, or resolve from the suspended fourth down to the third. With practice, you could set a wider interval, and move the pedal just enough to get the interval you want.

(Reverse these two parameters, if you want the pitch to go up when you push the pedal)

Set heel pitch to a 3rd. (+4 half steps)

Set toe pitch to a 4th (+5 half steps)

Set the mix to be able to hear the orginal and pitch changed notes.

With the pedal pulled back, play a note, and a note one third above it will also be heard. When you move the pedal the third will change to a suspended fourth, and then back to a third when you pull it back.

• On another thread, I saw a new user had downloaded the Public BETA, and it made me think how different Kemper's approach is compared to many, if not most companies.

In most technologies, Alpha testing is done by a select number of in-house testers, and Beta testing is done by a larger number of well-qualified users, to have a better chance of finding any issues that will only show up in rarer situations. If all goes well, the software is deemed ready for general distribution. In a perfect world, nothing else comes up when everyone starts using it. I've been involved in doing all of those phases of testing in a different technology - When a huge number of people are all using something, it is still possible a previously undiscovered bug can come along.

I really appreciate that Kemper makes the Beta versions available for a public volume test - it is a great way for obscure issues to be found, as well as to determine if the features are functioning to reasonably meet customer expectations (see, I can even talk like people in the testing business!)

:thumbup:

• Kemper runs 2 Betas private and public. I may be wrong, but I think the public beta is a release candidate.

If anyone is feeling latency with Tranpose, please check this (and help me eliminate a possible user error):
    Transpose - Fluctuating latency?

Yep noticed the same with the micropitch. Sometimes it sounds as if a 10 ms delay is engaged, sometimes not. On the whole the pitch effects have a bit more latency than I expected.

• I don't think you should be shitting anyway near your unit. :whistling:

• I've been using Transpose for an hr or so playing along with Collective Soul half step down and it sounds great.

Ya need to crank it up a bit to get over the sound of your strings that's probably what some are hearing.

I'm only doing -1 and -2 it's all good. :thumbup:

• I've been using Transpose for an hr or so playing along with Collective Soul half step down and it sounds great.

Ya need to crank it up a bit to get over the sound of your strings that's probably what some are hearing.

I'm only doing -1 and -2 it's all good. :thumbup:

I am very frustrated with the Transpose. When I play I hear the transposed note say a half step down. On top of that note I hear a higher note, almost like a harmony, I dont want that. I want it to sound as though I detuned my guitar. I was hoping there were some settings to take care of this issue like with the pitch stuff but theres not. There is the 'smooth chords' option but it doesnt solve the problem i'm having.

I play alot of Metal and it would be great to play some songs that require alternate tunings but for me its useless do to it sounding like a 2 note harmony rather than a nice cohesive downtuning. Maybe something is wrong with my install? Anyone else having the same issue? Maybe thats just how its supposed to be. I dont know.