1.8 PB Transpose 'clicking'

• Great to have a lot of pitch effects in the KPA by now!

I like some effects and love others very much.

The Transpose effect has room for improvement.

If I use this effect in the (stereo) effects section:

It works fine for single notes but not for (power) chords.

I get a strange 'tremmolo / chorus ...' as soon as I play two notes e.g. a power chord.
    'smooth chords' seams not to improve this.

All this sounds great as an effect - but is not the same as when I tune down two steps.

If I use this effect in the (mono) stomps section:

Then it works much better - but makes a strange ticking noise (the frequency can be changed by changing the 'pitch'.
    This is not very loud with low gain settings (in the amp block) and will not be heard with high gain settings (because of the noise) - but very loud with medium gain settings (12:00)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• I've spoken with support about some of the issues.
    As far as i could tell, pitch transposition mix is just never @ 100% and non-intelligent pitch shifting doesn't play nicely with dissonant intervals, although i wouldn't think the intervals are relevant when the pitch shifting is constant.

What you're talking about is perfectly consonant, though, so this may be a different issue, but i'm waiting on a new BP version to be released ASAP.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• This is what I do - easiest way to get the clicking - step by step:

1 ) Select any rig
    2 ) Use gain setting at 12:00
    3 ) Deactivate all single effects (only Stack, amp, eq, cab active)
    4 ) Turn 'noise gate' off (left most)
    5 ) Use transpose in any of the slots A-D
    6 ) Use Pitch -1
    7 ) Plug in a guitar cord
    8 ) Plug off the guitar cord
    9 ) click, click, click

change Pitch setting to get a faster clicking - is this the new metronome :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• I don't understand step 8. Do you have a guitar plugged in?

• This clicking does not start each time - or is hidden by internal noise gates.
    To get it started use my settings and strum/stop any chords - or easier, plug and unplug a guitar cord.

• I have the clicks too but that is strange though. when it comes out I can tell it depends on the pitch selected. but then while I was checking for this clicking sound I played softly some strings and the clicking was gone: absolutely silent. tried the pedal again and it came back. did the same soft playing of some notes and it was gone............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• did some additional testing this afternoon. i confirm the strangeness: when I hear the clicks all I had to do is raise the guitar volume (I was playing a distorted profile) and let some signal flow. the clicks were gone. after some pitch use, the clicks werre back and got rid of them with some signal from the guitar (either some distortion hiss or some notes)...........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hello !

This is my very first post on Kemper forum...
    Just to say I do have these clicks too, behaving exactly the way described by michaelmellner...

Despite of this, my recently bought KPA rack is a great piece of gear : I enjoy playing guitar for hours again, just for nothing but playing notes and chords ;)

à la prochaine !
    Laurent

• Welcome Laurent :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer