Camplifier vs Matrix

• I'm thinking to get a camplifier just to avoid adding more things to carry, but before I do, anyone feel it would not be in the same league, tone wise as matrix

I've heard loaded tube heads sound killer through a matrix, so just hoping for the same ability thought the camplifier

• The best power amp for the Kemper would have no "tone" - I mean tone coloring. I think I read the matrix emulates a tube power amp (I have the GT1000 collecting dust) and the Camplifier is a quite neutral power amp. Theoretically a neutral sounding amp should be better! Do you want to power a FRFR cab or a guitar cab?

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• The Matrix doesn't color the sound, however, it adds "something" that guitar players tend to like.
    So far, only positive experiences, I use it in combination with a pair of CFR12 FRFR monitors now.

• The Matrix doesn't color the sound, however, it adds "something" that guitar players tend to like.

Ehm... yeah, you know that you just disagreed with yourself? But still, I have to agree with that "adds something so it sounds better". But only if you play into guitar cabs.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I had one for testing and liked it. Still bought the Matrix because of weight issues. Later I got two Alto active monitors which I use now. They do colours the sound but I don't care because they are light weight, powerful AND budget-priced.

I think a lot of people here are caught by the "too-many-options-trap". In current times we have tooooo many options, what makes it a nightmare to decide. Our decision has to be the optimum of all choices. People ask for even more features within the KPA. Another EQ here another fine tune there. For my opnion it is not neccesary. If somebody wants to play music, he already has a mighty tool.

Now if Matrix, Rocktron or whatever, they all are usable. Folks, just play music. If you can play, it sounds good, period, no matter what you use. If somebody would give you the "real" Hendrix sound he used back then, you probably were not able to play with it. Your playing plus some kind of a sound = Your tone. Thousands of profiles?? 10-20 are enough for my opinion.

• Ehm... yeah, you know that you just disagreed with yourself? But still, I have to agree with that "adds something so it sounds better". But only if you play into guitar cabs.

Not really, as has been posted before (but can't find the link immediately), a couple of people reviewed it as a small delay in the timing of certain frequency bands, giving a more amp-like feel without actually coloring the sound.
    I'm far from an expert, so I don't know if this is true...all I can say is that from personal experience, it works fine with both cabs and FRFR monitors.

• I want to go into a guitar cab 1st.... may try FRR in the future, but not yet

I have a feeling the matrix will have the feel I want... as I've heard it sound great on the pete thorn demo
    but really like the fitting in the back of the Kemper idea

is it true Matrix may make an amp for the back of kemper

• I'm sure I saw a thread about that a few months ago in this forum, there was a beta tester here, I'm not sure if they gave up on this project thought...

I think it was Bruno.
    There hasn't been talk about this in a while. But you could PM him or the guys at Matrix.

• Thanks, man, you are so right!!! And unfortunately its true for all other things in life. People get really crazy and stressed with just too many options:

Cheers Sacapuntas

I had one for testing and liked it. Still bought the Matrix because of weight issues. Later I got two Alto active monitors which I use now. They do colours the sound but I don't care because they are light weight, powerful AND budget-priced.

I think a lot of people here are caught by the "too-many-options-trap". In current times we have tooooo many options, what makes it a nightmare to decide. Our decision has to be the optimum of all choices. People ask for even more features within the KPA. Another EQ here another fine tune there. For my opnion it is not neccesary. If somebody wants to play music, he already has a mighty tool.

Now if Matrix, Rocktron or whatever, they all are usable. Folks, just play music. If you can play, it sounds good, period, no matter what you use. If somebody would give you the "real" Hendrix sound he used back then, you probably were not able to play with it. Your playing plus some kind of a sound = Your tone. Thousands of profiles?? 10-20 are enough for my opinion.

• Please make the Matrix amp 500 x 2 stereo with 1000 bridged. A low power switch that limits power and disables the fan (if present) would be nice. The Camplifier 360 seems like it is underpowered. The extra power is needed for headroom so the transient peaks aren't squashed.

bd