Fender Champ 1967

• Hey guys

Here's a little demo of a profile I love playing! It's a Fender Champ from '67 I recently downloaded from the Rig Exchange. I modified it a bit to my liking, but no real changes.

It's pretty neat sounding if you're into blues and the whole old school sound. I added an "in the room" effect in my DAW (Reaper) to make it sound, well, like you're in the room.

If you want the profile, just search for "hays" under "authors" in the Rig Exchange and grab it. Alternatively I can upload the one I modified if you want.

Regards

Kris

https://soundcloud.com/moffer/riffin

Edited once, last by Kris ().

• Great sound!

I like the effect "in the room" of Reaper. I am using many profiles without reverb (the Kemper), and I use the reverb of the Reaper. I did accidentally (the first time). I like the sound. I use it with almost all the profiles I use. A test mode....

I would like to know what exactly the reaper reverb you use. :)

Thanks!

• Wow! Love what Im hearing.
    Thank you for sharing this! This one will be downloaded...

Love the old school sound, as well as the room sound! :thumbup:

I usually add room reflections in my DAW too to have more control when mixing but Im using Logic.
    I use the Bricasti M7 library with Logic Space Designer.

• I love it.. can you tell me where to find the in room effect in reaper... soo realistic.. thanks

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Hello everyone!

The effect used in the clip is actually found under the VST-plugin "ReaDelay (Cockos)". It's called "large room". Fool around with the "wet/dry" signal to find a setting you like. Personally I found a sweetspot with the dry turned down and the wet up slightly. Man, you should think this was a different kind of forum considering what I just wrote... ;)

• Hello everyone!

The effect used in the clip is actually found under the VST-plugin "ReaDelay (Cockos)". It's called "large room". Fool around with the "wet/dry" signal to find a setting you like. Personally I found a sweetspot with the dry turned down and the wet up slightly. Man, you should think this was a different kind of forum considering what I just wrote... ;)

Thanks, that's why I never even looked there because I don't use delay for anything :) ... thanks for the help... it would be amazing if we had a series of these in our stomp section... :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Hello everyone!

Reaper is amazing... my favorite DAW by far and it's almost free. I believe that "reverb" is actually a convolution reverb plug in so kind of like an IR for reverb if that makes sense? Same for their delay and some other plugs ins, they are really high quality and they sound fantastic. In fact I don't think I have installed any third party plugins since I switched to my MacBook. There are so many things built into Reaper I have not even scratched the surface.
    Cool profile BTW, is it on exchange?