1.8 Intermittent Knob LED Flashes

• Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone has had this problem with the 1.8 firmware?

Basically what happens is while the unit is on, a really bright flash comes out of one of the LEDs around the main knobs down the bottom. It's not the green colour that the LEDs normally emit, it's a really bright white/blue colour. If I downgrade to previous versions, it doesn't happen anymore.

Sometimes it has been the volume, sometimes one of the EQs ... once or twice the gain.

If nobody else has seen it, I might shoot an email through to support.

• james, do you mean a led comes out in bright flashing when the LPA is turned on? because the only high light led I see is when my kpa has finished booting and everything is turned on, I mean the leds, and there is a sort of flash like announcing everything is on. but after that nothing that stays on is abnormal. besides, this booting flash was on every firmware...........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• This happened to me last night actually...
    Originated from either the gain or tuner area - thought I was seeing things though and decided it was time to put myself to bed with a tablet...
    A relief really... one less psychiatric problem to worry about... 8|

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Yeah it's just one flash on a random knob LED

james, do you mean a led comes out in bright flashing when the LPA is turned on?

Yes while it's running

This happened to me last night actually...
    Originated from either the gain or tuner area - thought I was seeing things though and decided it was time to put myself to bed with a tablet...
    A relief really... one less psychiatric problem to worry about...

I might have a chat to support - it's possible I could video it. Glad I'm also not crazy! :)

• my case though is just a flash......a really brief one. this means it flashes once for a microsecond but then everything is normal. and as mentioned I noticed this thing on every firmware. I considered it as a sign of life of the kpa..........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Yes, the same here - think I will go back to 1.7 - don't want to blow my LED's like others did.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• 1.7 'release' is the same shxx as 1.7 public beta = unusable tuner

so the latest stable version is 1.6.1

back to 1.6.1

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• It seems to happen at the final part of boot just as the dissplay and leds come on, its as if they all flash on
    Extreamly bright .
    It happens every time on mine, as others have said it is worrying in case it damages one or more optical devices

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• This did not happend before here only in 1.8pb.
    Not only during startup - all few seconds.
    (I am in profile mode if this makes a difference).

• 1.6.1 is fine
    1.7pb and 1.7 has the tuner bug
    1.8pb the led flash and clicking pitch sounds

• Do not worry about blowing an LED by a momentary flash. LEDs can be overdriven way beyond their continuous rated voltage for short periods without damage. I am quite certain the max voltage the KPA can provide is within continuous duty ratings of the LEDs.

If you are concerned about prolonging the LEDs life, turn down the intensity of all LEDs in the settings. This will extend their life tremendously. LEDs have a rated half-life which is generally 50,000+ hours until they degrade to half intensity at their rated voltage. Reducing the voltage (dimming) extends the half-life even more since the LEDs run cooler.

bd

• Hey all! I've got random flashes on my Kemper version 1.8 beta as well. all the other functions seem to be working ok. Is there final 1.8 E.T.A. :whistling: coming soon?