Handwired 1959 Plexi from Soundside.de: best Marshall-profile I heard and used so far !!!

• Enjoy my new track "Monster in the House", I used the best Marshall-profile I heard so far: "Plexi CB 8 5MM0 E" from Soundside.de. The profile is from a handwired '59 Plexi and it's really awesome, from clean via crunch to high-gain lead-sounds, everything sounds really authentic.

For the bass I used a profile from Soundside, too, the Markbass "AH Mbass 11 H1". There's no EQ on the tracks, just a little reverb and delay on the guitars, of course you hear the pure Kemper-sound, no stomp-boxes or other effects were used. The guitar I used is a Gibson Les Paul '59 Reissue (Custom Shop).

guitars, bass, drums and production by Guenter Haas

Enjoy my track on Soundcloud:

http://snd.sc/111O4LB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• Thanks guys, I just took one of the Plexi-profiles, there are tons of it and they're all great. Even I got a a lot of excellent amps and profiles by myself (Marshall, Fender, Dr. Z, Boogie, THD ect.), I couldn't imagine my Kemper without Armin's profiles.

Next to the 1959 Plexi I also use his Elmwood Modena M60, 1957 Fender Harvard, Mark Bass F1, Damage Control Womanizer, 1952 und 1957 Fender Deluxe, Marshall JVM 410H, Vox AC30 TB and many more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Maybe a Dr. Z Route 66?
    There are some (me included) who would do somersaults from a cliff of your choice to get their hands on Dr. Z Route 66 profiles. :)
    C'mon guys, let's see a DrZ Route66...

My Dr. Z is a MAZ 38 Senior-top, I tried a lot of diffrent Dr. Z-models (I don't remember if I played the Route 66) and the MAZ 38 sounded best to me.

• What Are everyone's thoughts on the diezel vh4, boogie mark 5 channel 3, and rectifier profiles from Armin?

I've got the whole bundle IV and my favourite amp is the Roadster, great variety of sounds and all good!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    I would recommend this one over the Rectifier.
    The VH4 has a lot of flavour too, I like the crunchy tones very much, a little less the cleans, and not so much the leads...
    and about the Mark V, well I deleted all of the profiles, I'm not saying is bad, just I was looking for some metal Mark series tones, and I couldn't find any...

• Have you got both the Elmwood and Greenback packs? if so how different are they?

I have both packs and I like both, talking about difference in sounds is always very difficult. ;)

I also use some crunch rectifier-profiles, for distorted sounds I prefer Armin's Marshalls (JVM + 1959 Plexi) and my own Boogie MK2-profiles. The 1959 Plexi is extremely versatile, you can get everything from clean to hi-gain, just using the Kemper's gain at one Profile, the 1959 Plexi is definetively awesome.

I haven' spent much time with the diezel vh4 and Mark 5, yet, but Armin's profiles are worth the money anyway.

By the way: I'm from Hamburg (Germany), working as a live- and studio-player and musical director, also releasing my own music (--> "Guenter Haas" & "Cinemascope" at iTunes).

• Thanks man, I'm thinking of buying one of the Plexi pack, maybe I'll go for the Greenback since it's the only Armin's cab I don't have already

• Great playing!

btw. the profile 'Plexi CB 8 5MM0 E' is from pack 35

The other 'cryptic' parts of the profile name stand for this:

Plexi CB 8 5MM0 E

Plexi = 1959 Handwired JMP Marshall
    CB = Bright Channel, CN=Normal Channel, J=Jumpered (Both channels)
    8 = Gain at 8 (the Marshall goes from 0-10, M=Max=10)
    5MM5 = Tonesettings: Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble
    E = Elmwood Cabinet (4x12" Vintage 30)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Thanks fot the explanation, which microphone used?