Thank You CK and Thank You Forum Members (pitch fx content)

• thank you CK and Kemper team for the pitch FX...the second I saw that, I put my eventide pitch factor up for sale
    I had a huge weight lifted off me, cause I bought the Kemper and eventide at the same time like 2 month or less ago and I have not been able to figure out how to use the Eventide

long story short, thank you for making the eventide unnecessary!

Kemper Forum:

Thanks so much for all the help and answers here, been a huge help for this noob

:thumbup:

• I like the pitch effects too (Again - Many thanks!) but I've been looking into getting the PF and from what I've read and seen I would have thought it was in another league to the KPA feature list. Apologies - might be shifting the OPs thread to 'other gear' section here... but would love to hear other users comments. At the end of the day I appreciate if you have little need for these additional features then the OPs point holds up.

Rough comparison...
    Unique PF Features
    -Ability to add delay to affected pitches (Original signal followed by pitch shifted signal - Very cool IMO and something I'd love on the KPA) + feedback of that delay as well I believe.
    -4 harmony parts
    -Arppegiator (Although limited to preset patterns - albeit with a lot of tweakability)
    -Synth effects

Unique KPA Features
    -More than one FX able to be used
    -Custom scales

Common to both:
    Transpose
    2 part intelligent pitch shifting
    Detune effects
    Whammy FX

I've probably missed some stuff out here...blearly eyed on a Sunday morning...
    Just interested in anyone currently using both... does the KPA blow away the PF and leave it in a bloodied crumple heap on the floor, with a crime scene chalk outline drawn around it...
    Cheers.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• According to CK's Statement at the Messe (I hope I understood him correctly, if not please correct me) he was actually quite surprised (when comparing other units while implementing the KPA's own harmonizer) by the low quality of the PF.
    The PF seems to be optimised for low latency and therefore sacrificing sound quality especially in the chord department (single notes are acceptable).

• I bought a PF a couple of months ago, but haven't bonded with it. The new pitch effects on the KPA handle what I need, so my PF will be for sale as well ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• just so other men know, the Pitchfactor always sounded like a kazoo to me, the KPA version needs a little work but it is very good for its initial beta (master) release....

yes, and just wait for it's full release :whistling:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• My goal was to replace my old giant rack which had a tc g force in it, so I feel the kemper now has that ability. The pitch factor is a bitch to learn....and at the end of the day, I'd only keep it for the arpeggiator ... Which isn't worth
    It for me to carry more gear right now

Pf, has some good quality to it but also feels equally cheap in other ways, weird
    If u really want eventide, prob best to get the eclipse

I'm just really happy that kemper is stepping up with pitch effects and its only gonna get better
    Having an all in one solution that sounds like a real amp is just killer
    I'm confident that kemper will keep offering more abilities

• Yeah a big thanks to CK and the team for this...
    I've always wanted an intelligent harmoniser, but could never justify forking out over a grand for the eventide racks, or even £400+ for a pitchfactor, as I guess I'd probably end up using it once in a blue moon anyway.

So getting this firmware update is like getting a £400 pedal for free.... Kemper the gift that keeps on giving !
    5 minutes of tweeking and Steve Vai like harmonies :thumbup: .... could it get any better ??

Not played with the Whammy settings yet as I have a whammy DT, but am curious to try it especially with the 3 octive range.

• I'll reiterate my thanks to CK and company - at live shows, I use pitch effects (detune, whammy, intelligent harmony, doubling, octave synth effects) more than just about anything else (other than delay). They are mostly subtle, musical uses (nothing subtle about the whammy, though). I assumed they would sound good, but I never expected them to sound better than the pitch effects in my G-System, and I never expected to be able to use more than one at a time.

And, it not just being able to add whammy or detune after a harmony. The pedal steel rig I posted is four voice. It has two intelligent pedal harmonizers in series. One moves up with the pedal as the other moves down. And, it sounds musical, not like a cartoon.

Here's a huge added value: We all now own as many basses for recording as we have guitars. Shift down -12, use a bass amp profile. If you can play it like a short scale bass, it won't need a lot of tweaking to sit into a mix.

• I downloaded the 1.8 OS version but I'm not seeing the pitch fx when I scroll thru the FX....where are they located?

• +1 sounds really great (although I have to say, that I've got no idea how to use those FX reasonable except the transpose for quick downtuning :D)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I listened to the Pitchfactor demos last night, and started to play with the Kempers pitch effects with it in mind.

Yes, it is possible to get similar sounds to the Crystal effect. They won't have reverse echo in them, but:

You can use ducking to control the fade in of the harmonies, based on how hard you hit the guitar. Positive and negative values work in opposite ways, depending

The mix control controls the maximum volume compared to the unaltered guitar, and also affects the fade in/out rate, depending on the amount of ducking.

If you set pitches of fifths and octaves, the key doesn't have to be specified.

You can run one in series with another, producing complex harmonies. Each one can have different pitch changes, and ducking speeds. Detune is very powerful with these.

Modulation effects can be put in between harmonizers. Or shapers, fuzz etc. The crossover of the modulation can be used to determine how much of the signal is modulated.

Other pitches can be used to produce more angular effects. They are especially effective used in the second or third harmonizer effect, mixed in at a relatively low level.

And:

If you do set the key to use intelligent harmony, you have additonal harmonic options, including using combinations of intelligent and fixed intervals.

• Synth effects:
    Take the regular guitar out of the mix of the first harmonizer, and you are squarely in synth territory. You can alter the basic waveform, before or after the effect, with fuzz, shapers, vowel wah.

I saved some rigs last night, but its hard to say how tired my ears were at that point. I'll check them tonight, to see if anything sounds musically useful.

In the meantime- everyone start tweaking! The sounds are in there, just waiting to be set free :)