Need help - Adding a few profiles but my KPA re-uploaded all my deleted profiles

• Hi everyone. I am having a slight problem here.

Okay I had a little over 900 profiles on my usb stick. I saved about 470 to favorites and I deleted all the rest of the unwanted profiles. I then saved a backup copy of my newly selected favs. I then decided to add about 45 new profiles to my USB stick. When I inserted it into my Kemper it re-uploaded all of the previous 900 profiles that I deleted previously so I had to go back and delete them all over again. Thankfully all my favs were still selected but I noticed that even though I choose to delete the unwanted profiles they remained on my usb stick. I thought they would be deleted permanently. Do I have to always delete them all over each time I want to add just a few profiles? Maybe I'm not doing something right. I appreciate any advice please. Thanks!

• You must always delete all the files from the shared folder on the usb key if you don't want them to be re-imported the next time. Deleting rigs removes them from KPA's memory, not from the stick.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Sounds to me as though all those deleted profiles were still on the USB stick. You have to delete them from there or they will reload.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Deleting unfavored profiles won't delete them from the usb. You have to make a new backup after you have deleted the unwanted profiles, so then you'll have the backup with all 900 profiles and the backup with only with favorite profiles.

• A further clarification: a backup copies the actual status of the KPA including user settings, midi assignments, rigs, stomps and fx presets....but does not modify anyhow the content of the shared folder.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff