Problems saving stomps to a rig - Solved

• Hey guys, I'm on the new beta firmware and have a problem. If I switch a stomp for arguments sake wah from off to on status then save it (ie when I recall that rig I want the wah on) it's not saving the status of the effect...ie when I recall the rig the wah is off.....

Weird thing is I just discovered if I browse and select that rig the change is there, but if I use my midi foot controller to select it the change is not there..... But I can't find a duplicate rig

What am I doing wrong? I know this worked before.

Thanks
    Mike

Edited 2 times, last by Javlin7 ().

• ?( ...I start running short of ideas....have you saved the on/off status on the midi controller? If yes is possible that he's sending the status at every patch change. In that case you must update it to reflect the changes that you did on the rig...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I had a strange problem with my FCB1010 that confounded me until I used a tool to see exactly what the controller was sending. It was clearly sending extraneous commands. I suggest you do the same and check what's coming out of that controller.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks for the help guys... just had this from the support team...

Seems they have fixed how midi messages are sent (see below) in this firmware..... looks like i need to do some programming of my midi controller.
    Great product, and great support ! :thumbup:

"the following might happen: Floorboards usually are repeating the status of any switch assigned to a Midi Control Change # whenever you send any Midi Program Change. This is to make sure, that the on/off status of those switches plus their correspondung LED is always in sync with the main device. This is the only way to ensure this, because no two-way communication is taking place. So the Profiler isn't sending any feedback to the floorboard and the floorboard doesn't 'listen' anyhow.

Example: I don't know, in which slot you have activated the stomp box, let's say Stomp D. If you have a button on the floorboard dedicated to switch Stomp D with Midi Control Change # 20 on/off and this button has been in off-position, while you were sending the command to load that rig, your floorboard will send two consecutive commands:
    1. Program Change to load rig x
    2. Control Change to switch Stomp D off (# 20 value 0)
    Therefor the Profiler does load the new rig in its default state with stomp on and then immediatly switches the stomp off.

You might observe this behaviour, because the Profiler did ignore these consecutive commands in the past, which has been a mistake. Since this firmware we are correctly processing all commands sent by the floorboards."