Midi-Controller / Tuner

• Welcome to the forum! ;)

Looking at getting a controller for the kemper. I see some buzz about this controller. A few questions
    1. Is there a lot of setup to make it work with kemper? What all has to be programmed? Plug and play or some ground work need to be done ?

It's not plug'n' play. Installing the eprom is easy though and is covered in the installing instructions that come with the eprom.

2. What chip is needed to get maximum performance
    FCB-1010 Foot Controller ( OS/Firmware UnO Revision
    FCB-1010 Foot Controller ( OS/Firmware ver 2.50

The UnO chip is the best at the moment. The manufacturer, look up http://www.ossandust.be, is working on a specific KPA eprom at the moment which is said to be available very soon,

3. Any detailed instruction on chip replacement and what to do after replacing it

Covered in the instructions.

4. Can this controller not only change profiles but also turn a stomp or effect on or off. I assume it can but has to be programmed?

Yes.

5. Is there any documentation anywhere that is used when programming as a guide. Kemper midi doc and FCB 1010 Manual only?

Yes, there's a doc with the controller change numbers that are fix in the KPA.
    Programming the FCB best is done using an editor.
    I recommend the one from the UnO chip manufacturer, which can be found under http://www.lg-fcb.com

• "The UnO chip is the best at the moment. The manufacturer, look up http://www.ossandust.be, is working on a specific KPA eprom at the moment which is said to be available very soon,"

Based on what? I have the eureka chip allowing me to have all fx buttons covered and tempo as well as tuner. I switch to favorite preset mode and have 10 amps available. I would say there are a couple good options available and others are coming.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• "The UnO chip is the best at the moment. The manufacturer, look up http://www.ossandust.be, is working on a specific KPA eprom at the moment which is said to be available very soon,"

Based on what? I have the eureka chip allowing me to have all fx buttons covered and tempo as well as tuner. I switch to favorite preset mode and have 10 amps available. I would say there are a couple good options available and others are coming.

bshaw92, I think your citing of me went wrong.

What I wrote above is based on my personal opinion plus (a big plus) due to the fact that the manufacturer works together with Kemper on a specific KPA eprom.
    I thought that became clear through my post.
    If you like the eureka, fine. It's certainly not my intention to talk anybody out of another solution. ;)

• One question--does anyone know if it can be programmed to turn on multiple stomps with one click?

Usually for leads I switch on a boost or comp in front, delay, and reverb along with a volume/EQ boost all at the same time.

With my Boss GT-100 in 4CM I can do this with one click (using the Boss effects, not the KPA's).

J

• Thank you for the prompt response. I will take a look into the FCB manual and Uno documentation. Forgot to ask the questions below.

Does the chip in the FCB Behringer need to have a soldering iron to remove and install the new Uno chip or do these chips snap in and out?

Does the chip upgrade void out any Behringer warranty?

Thanks again for your time.

• Ingolf the point was that you stated it was the best on the market. As people read these and ask for direction as I stated it should be definite in areas that are definite and informatiive in areas that are not. The point being there are a few options on the market and the options are growing. I don't get free stuff from either Uno nor Eureka so I could care less, but both places are in contact with Kemper so the point is valid.

You can remove the chip without soldering and the new one snaps in. Keep the old one in case you have a warranty issue because you will have to put it back in. The Uno site does allow you to download and load your own eprom if you have the equipment to do so.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Ingolf the point was that you stated it was the best on the market. As people read these and ask for direction as I stated it should be definite in areas that are definite and informatiive in areas that are not. The point being there are a few options on the market and the options are growing. I don't get free stuff from either Uno nor Eureka so I could care less, but both places are in contact with Kemper so the point is valid.

This makes sense to me. You're right. (And BTW 'best' is, let's be straight here, always subjective, isn't it? ;) )