KPA and amp/cab setup - my experience.

• Took it to rehearsal today, for the first time.

I've been spending a lot of time in the studio with it, through monitors - had about 100 presets set up the way i like it and all was well.
    Unfortunately, i don't have any FRFR solution that's loud enough, but do still have my 87' Carvin X100B and the 2x12 i built a couple years ago.

My rig has been so simple and so stable these past years - same guitar, Blackstar HT-Dual into the clean channel and that's it. Even the EQ hasn't changed in years -
    I've grown so used to the sound that an adjustment period and some tinkering was expected - but not this.

So, i plugged my toaster in the FX send, flattened the EQ and - instant bliss. Everything just worked. CK's cabdrive works absolutely brilliantly -
    so long as you don't touch the cab section's advanced parameters, you just have to pick one sound, adjust your amp to sound as close as possible to what you remember from your monitors, and that's it. No further tinkering for me. At all.
    Cleans, leads, heavy rhythm, anything.

Then i decided to profile the amp, while i'm at it.
    Dialed my old settings back in, threw the HT-Dual up in front, plugged a SM57 on the cap edge of the Legend V12 and ran for cover 8)
    After 30 seconds of refining, i put everything back in place, plugged the toaster back in and had my old sound back - just had to drop the gain back down a bit.

So, if you were wondering - yes, it works with an amp and cab setup.
    Very well, actually. :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."