Forum adds "/forum" to URLs?

• Hey,

it seems that the forum software just adds a "/forum" to the URL.
    Samples:

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…&threadID=8984&highlight=
    http://kemper-amps.com/page/re…r___Vacant_Positions.html

If I use the URL from above and remove the /forum in it then it works (as the forum software adds it again):
    What is the general verdict on the KPA?

Only seems to be an issue with internal links to the Kemper page though.

Daniel

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I created a topic regarding this issue with detailled examples, explanation and ways to solve this easily and kerman was so kind to post some code ready for copy&paste. The fix should take no more than 1 minute, if they have FTP access to their server. It's just ridiculous that they're not able to fix that since 1.5 years! And I have to confess that I'm starting to become a bit angry about the ignorance.

Nobody seems to really care about the technical and functional side of this forum. :(

Nobody seems to really care about the technical and functional side of this forum. (lightbox)

sad, but true. what i dont understand is: if lightbox and kerman know the code needed for this improvement

and the kempers out of some rason do not know how to paste two lines of code ?( , then there are still 2 possible solutions.

• send a customer support mail to woltlab or
    • give lightbox a temporarily access to the server

what in the world is so freakin' difficult about this. it will take a minute!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• send a customer support mail to woltlab or
    • give lightbox a temporarily access to the server

what in the world is so freakin' difficult about this. it will take a minute!

Hi Geraldo,

your 2 solutions aren't exactly easy.

1. The links problem is not a Woltlab support issue, it's a server configuration issue which is Kemper's responsibility.
    2. The temporary server access sounds quick and easy, but it's much easier to just understand and copy&paste kerman's solution. If I (or kerman) would get server access, we could potentially copy sensible data (personal data). So I totally understand that without a decent contract, NDA, specifically configured and limited user rights on the server, no company will ever allow any external person access to their data. :)

The solution is so easy, that I would tend to say: If they can't fix that, they better don't run a web server at all. Embarrassing.

Cheers,
    Martin

• thank you lightbox. if you are sure, that it is not a problem of woltlab's forum software AND
    a temporary access could be tricky, then you have my vote for a petiton to kemper's webmaster.

btw: who is the webmaster of this mess here? is he interested in what we are saying? i hope so!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.