My Personal JSX Profiles Sound Fuller than most of Rig Exchange Profiles....WHY??????

• Hi, i recentrly Profiled my Peavey JSX Amp with wonderful results, comparing to other Profiles or Rigs in the Rig Exchange on kemper web site makes me think most users dont do it the right way...i mean, why my JSX Profiles Sounds Fuller, Good Volumen, Good Crunch and Good EQ? (I must confess that i didnt take a profile of the JSX Cab but instead replace it with KPA Tills Cabs because i did not profile with a Mic in mind, just took the Level Out from My Amp (without the Cabinet) and combined with KPA Cabs...now my favorite profile is my own profile....of course i know i took my profile with my Gear and therefor happy with the results, but, common, i have like 1000 profiles and mine is the winner?

• This is the reason:
    Your profile of your sound has been expertly edited by the one person who knows exactly what amp sound you like for your personal guitar. :)

If you like a "fuller" sounding profile than everyone else, it doesn't mean your profile is better.

It also doesn't mean everyone else's profiles are better.

Different people have different monitors, and EQ their profiles differently.

If your guitar pickups are significantly hotter or weaker or brighter or darker than another profiler's guitar, you will get a different sound from a profile than the other person gets from the profile.

Some people design their profiles to be "mix ready", with all that pants flapping bass removed.

Some people design their profiles for live use with a huge amount of low end, because they like it. They know that the sound engineer is going to remove everything below 100hz from the guitar channel, to preserve the attack of the bass, and the click of the kick, anyway.

• Yes, sir, thanks for the aclaration and insight....

one final question, since im exporting IRs to made them KPA compatible (Cabmaker), each Cab is like a Profile? in terms of Data Size (Because i´ve already have like 1.000 Profiles) if i add Cabs, should i reduce the number of profiles to make room for the Cabs?

• Perhaps You're Right, im gonna go now an convert all of my Red Wirez Impulses to see how well it sounds compared to Till´s ones

If isnt against copyright, i might share all those coverted IR´s.....

You think i can?

That would likely be violating the license you agreed to when you purchased the impulses.

• Perhaps You're Right, im gonna go now an convert all of my Red Wirez Impulses to see how well it sounds compared to Till´s ones

If isnt against copyright, i might share all those coverted IR´s.....

You think i can?

If you find them to be better sounding, please let us all know! Some people may want to buy the IRs.

There would be few, if any people from this forum who would want you to share them. This is an international forum of musicians who would like to be able to make a living from our own copyrights :)

From a legal standpoint:
    Anyone who knowingly downloads copyright projected material from a stranger who offers it is asking for trouble.

From musical standpoint:
    No one has indicated any converted commercial or free IR has sounded better than Cab profiles.

• For what it's worth, i've got pretty much every commercial impulse response pack available.
    I haven't found a Redwirez one that beat anything by Till yet. Not even close. Still need to try Recabinet, old and new.
    Ownhammer's beta for the KPA was pretty bad, IMO.

The KPA tends to favor on-axis and even on-cap sounds, and something about them always sounded a bit phasey to me compared to the cabs the KPA produces.
    I've had a little more luck with god's cabs, particularly simpulses - i use two of the Jimmy pack on some models but these are Mesa recto cabs and Till's are still better.
    I'm pretty desperate for a go-to modern Marshall-esque cab - Till's isn't really 'there' for me in the modern Marshall department - so if there's interest i might do an IR shootout.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• What kind of modern Marshall cab? Would it need to be driven by a specific amp, or would slamming it with high gain from just about anything give what you want? Or, is it so modem it isn't high gain?

Specific speakers? A specific mic technique?

I'll try, but this is superlative-heavy;

All my JCM cabs seem to have a bit of a greenback or a G12H-30 character to them - a softer kind of mid-section and slightly 'hairy' highs, like a plexi vs. a JCM or a Splawn.
    I'm looking for a more 'stern' sound, 80's-ish but not overly compressed - the kind where you immediately go 'oh, well that's a JCM' :). Splawns are very much in the same ballpark for me.

The closest i got was Andy's 1987x freebie. I use the cab on pretty much everything Marshall-esque, but it's a little too vintage-y and not quite aggressive enough for the Splawns, and all my Marshall profiles start sounding the same at some point, which is a bummer.

As for PA and mics, I've heard awesome mics produce terrible sounds and vice versa, so i wouldn't really know. I tend to equalize everything to sound a bit more cab-ish and 'live' anyway, so just preferably close-mic'ed and as in-your-face as possible.
    I'll have a lot of use for any PA. A Marshall PA would be great for the JCM 800 tones i keep needing, but a selection of different PAs for some of the Marshall-clones, Blackstars or Splawns would be incredibly welcome.

I hope i got my point across. What did you have in mind?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Well, i must honestly say, those IRs i put in my KPA really Sound good, i only choose one specific cab among the rest, just to try, and is not my fav. cab of all, just to try it and see how it sounds in KPA, and i was very surprised, had to Cab Volumen a little down because it was saturating my Master output, but im gonna try my Marshalls IRs from Redwire, so far, very pleased and Cabmaker is an awesome software....i bet those could compete with tills cabs