Amp compression

• In one of the Nashville profiling sessions, Christoph sets up the profile so that the guitar volume effectively controls the gain. It seems that the output volume is the same but there is a vast change in the gain depending on the guitar volume pot.

I think this may be achieved by clean sense, but I cannot see how.

• this is achieved by the Compressor parameter in the amp section. 8)

Speaking of which ... I was always confused about which of the Facotry Rigs is the one profiled in this Nashville session - I thought it should be the "Tyler Princeton on 7, 8, 9" profiles - yet, they are much more distorted than the one they profile in this session in Nashville.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGEHTr8vqQ8

Maybe some savvy guys can help me with that one?

• Little Pop Prince
    Little Prince Blue
    Little Prince MD421
    Little Prince SM57

:)

edit:
    my fav is the Little Pop Prince, chorus disabled, Green Scream on 1.4 Drive, -0.9 Tone, +1.3 Volume.
    with my Strat it's just like being back in the dorm room with my roommates' old Princeton. 8o

• In one of the Nashville profiling sessions, Christoph sets up the profile so that the guitar volume effectively controls the gain. It seems that the output volume is the same but there is a vast change in the gain depending on the guitar volume pot.

I think this may be achieved by clean sense, but I cannot see how.

this is achieved by the Compressor parameter in the amp section. 8)

Hm - Compressor? I always do this with the Power Sag Parameter. Can`t imagine how the amp Compressor could do this. Also in the video at 7:20 you can hear Christoph talking about
    Powersagging for cleaning up with the guitar volume knob. It is covered by the guitar players "hyperkinetic-disorder" ;) but I can clearly hear Christoph talking about "Powersagging", not Compression.

In some Rigs I compensate for the loss of distortion-dynamics caused inevitably when I have a stomp comppressor on. I do this by increasing the Power Sag a bit more. This creates a smooth compressor sound that still cleans up when played softer!

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Hm - Compressor? I always do this with the Power Sag Parameter. Can`t imagine how the amp Compressor could do this. Also in the video at 7:20 you can hear Christoph talking about
    Powersagging for cleaning up with the guitar volume knob. It is covered by the guitar players "hyperkinetic-disorder" ;) but I can clearly hear Christoph talking about "Powersagging", not Compression.

In some Rigs I compensate for the loss of distortion-dynamics caused inevitably when I have a stomp comppressor on. I do this by increasing the Power Sag a bit more. This creates a smooth compressor sound that still cleans up when played softer!

kudos.

you're right of course.
    the thread's title must have influenced my response :D
    the compression parameter works nicely to bring out the power sagging effect even more, though.

• Power Sagging is my clear top-candidate for the next "parameter of the year" award! :D

Strangely the only profile where it does not work for me is my Michael Bender amp. But this amp is built with coupling transformers (instead of coupling caps) and has by itsself already incredible dynamic response.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.