all rigs out of the rig exchange -> rig exchange 2.0 needed ??? done by kerman [KPA PRESET HUB] !!! THX

• -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------
    brief summary:

link to kermans KPA PRESET HUB
    http://www.evergladesaudio.com…emper-profiler-preset-hub

1. register
    2. lock in
    3. choose checkbox: remenber me
    4. download

kerman Sunday, June 16th 2013, 8:19pm:
    Hi guys! just have great news for you. My Rig Exchange is ready to rock!!
    I have to say that I don't want to hurt Kemper or their rig exchange,
    split the profiles on several sites is not good, but if they can't get a
    good rig exchange in a short time, I think mine is a good option, I
    offer myself to fix their rig exchange.

kerman Wednesday, June 19th 2013, 1:21am:
    The RIG Exchange is FREE.
    The profile renamer is FREE.
    The KPA EDITOR will have a FREE first relase for WIN users.

kerman Thursday, June 20th 2013, 3:20am:
    The download link is just under the MEDIA, if you are not logged in it displays:
    You must be Registered and Logged in to Download
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

original thread opening:

i downloaded all the 2883 uploaded rigs from the RIG EXCHANGE
    and build a zip-file (6,77MB)

is there any problem to publish a dropbox-link here ?

(i don´t want to get stress with somebody from the kamper-family)

Edited 7 times, last by jojo ().

• i hope that this is possible. i would store it somewhere on my pc and in case of need put
    a few rigs to my shared folder. i am down to 80 profiles and am very happy with it. :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• i downloaded all the 2883 uploaded rigs from the RIG EXCHANGE
    and build a zip-file (6,77MB)

is there any problem to publish a dropbox-link here ?

(i don´t want to get stress with somebody from the kamper-family)

It is a nice gesture but it's been stated before that this is against Kemper's wishes.

• have not really an idea why, cause only kemper-owner can use the rigs and everyone can download them with just clicking 2883 times (takes 36,5 minutes)

nevertheless kemper´s wishes comes first ^^

• I tend to agree with the last post, just to be sure drop a PM to DonPetersen and ask if is ok....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• is there any problem to publish a dropbox-link here ?

I don't think that you should do this. The users upload their Rigs to Rig Exchange. In Rig Exchange itself, other Users can rate profiles and the forum offers a place for discussions, creating a kind of reputation for the creator of the profile.
    By just putting everything into an archive you violate the rights of the users creating the profiles as well as you take away the rating etc. and the idea of rig exchange itself.

Also, the archive can not be updated when users update their rigss in Rig Exchange and you don't automatically include all the new rigs since your "snapshot".

So, I don't think that it is okay to publish such a link.

Timo

• I agree with Timo, the Rig Exchange should be the main source of rigs.
    It has good search functionality and the rating system, so provided you know what you're looking for, be it an amp, a cab or a certain author, you find it quickly there.

A few thousand rigs on your HD are just a blur.

I also hope that the process of going to the Rig Exchange encourages users to discuss rigs here in the forum, since the Rig Exchange is more 'tied in' to the social experience than browsing through thousands of files on your machine.
    I know, it's a small difference in some ways, but to me it's a different mindset, so to speak.

• I agree that downloading a few thousand rigs is just a blur but we should have the option to download batches like this from the rig exchange so that we don't have users seeing what is lacking and offering to help other circumvent the issue.

Is there any reason why this isn't an option? Even if we had monthly batches it would be less of a blur for us to audition what we're afraid we're missing out.

Just my 2 cents.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I agree that downloading a few thousand rigs is just a blur but we should have the option to download batches like this from the rig exchange so that we don't have users seeing what is lacking and offering to help other circumvent the issue.

Is there any reason why this isn't an option? Even if we had monthly batches it would be less of a blur for us to audition what we're afraid we're missing out.

Just my 2 cents.

You can already use download managers like downthemall etc. to automate the download procedure.
    I use them all the time. Once or twice a month, when I find some time, I do a mass download, import into KPA, audition and delete or keep.

• I started downloading rigs from the exchange section...ufff as a web developer I have to say that this can be improved a lot.
    - Tag system so the user can tag the profile for a better search experience.
    - Preview, a little mp3 previewing the profile, also may be interesting to place a DI so all the previews have the same playing.
    - Categories: God! why there are not categories? I have to navigate through more than 150 pages!!
    - Pictures or icons so the different amp types can be quickly identified, also the effects used, etc...

I offer myself to create a site, I don't know if webmasters here are working already on this, but if not, I can start a site, but I will need support from the users, I will not download all the profiles and upload in other site, that's not fair.
    So if you are interested post here your thoughts.. just want to have a efficient and cool tool for this...dawn why kemper site is so "old fashioned"? vintage doesn't apply to websites!! hjehehehe

• Thanks! and I have to say, that I'm not an amp, preamp, expert.. so looking inside the exchange... lot of profiles are like an alien language for me, so I have to download a profile that I don't really know what it does.. I think that many of us have the same problem, yeah there are a search function, but..what if I don't know what to search? eheheh

• :thumbup: what was once in the "old" days :D back in march 2012 an almost deserted place has become a nightmare.
    i have lost interest in this section completely, because i do not have the time to download all of the profiles and
    check them out, although - ingolf - i would be interested in knowing how to use a download manager here??? ?(

any improvement in the DS section would be welcome here! :thumbup:

by the freakin' way: every time i use a smiley the font size changes and i have to format it again :cursing:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

i have lost interest in this section completely, because i do not have the time to download all of the profiles and
    check them out, although - ingolf - i would be interested in knowing how to use a download manager here??? ?

Simply use downthemall for Firefox and let it do its work.
    You go to one side of the rig exchange and put .kipr in as a filter.
    You even can save this filter.
    After that downthemall will download all rigs of the side at once.

• +1 :thumbup:

• thanks ingolf, if this works this would be a great opportunity to have some kind of a "test day" once i a month.

to kerman, i am here for 15 months now and still do not know who the webmaster is. we had so many issues and AFAIK
    there we no or few comments from the kempers. :thumbdown:

your renamer is good, i have tested it, your editor probably will also be of good use. but to improve on this forum is a fight against
    the wind IMHO. AND you are not allowed to host profiles on a private website as far as i know. should check it with one of the moderators first.

apart from that :thumbup:

• Honestly: who needs 2883 rigs? My experience with rig exchange is mainly the delete-button....

I would suggest to buy some really great profiles and profile by yourself. To listen to thousands of rigs and finally find a few useful ones is a lot of wasted time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I think in this case, swarm intelligence can potentially be a big help. Just think of rmpacheco's Morgan AC20, which was discussed and praised in the forums many times. This should be a pretty good indicator that it might be worth trying it. Of course it might still not fit your taste, but the chance that it's a well made profile is very high. If many people try a few profiles each and comment, rate, share audio examples ... then it would be much more fun to make use of this great resource, imho.

The Rig Exchange is missing pretty much everything to make use of "swarm intelligence". No comments possible, no attachment of audio examples possible, no direct linking to individual Rig Exchange profiles possible.