Opinions of best KPA profiles you have tried so far

• I could answer with a different set of Profiles everyday depending on my mood or depending on who's playing my Kemper..

If the Kemper was a modeller with these amps as 'Stock Amp sims', I'd be blown away.

All free or stock...these come to mind off the top of my head, once I start using the 'Browse' knob I remember dozens of other Profiles/Rigs not mentioned below.

Clean and Crunch - The Compressor and Pure Boost Stomps are your friends right here.
    The stock Matchless Chieftan - "The Chief"
    AC30 Top Boost - Kemper
    Bad Cat - "Bad Kittie" - Tom Henby's Nashville amp.
    Gibson Goldtone - "Goldie" - Kemper
    69 Deluxe Reverb - Amp Factory "TAF" stock set.
    Legacy 414 - Erik Stam
    Reinhardt - M.Frankowiak - 'Sultan' - Tele
    Dumble HRM - Tony McKenzie - change cab - Tele

Rhythm medium high gain
    Amp Factory - Bogner XTC 'Green' with Tills cab
    Various free JCM800 Profiles with Tills cab or Amp Factory 87X cab.
    Legacy - Erik Stam
    VHT SigX with Tills cabs - Feck
    Bogner Shiva with Tills cab - Feck
    3 Monkeys Orangutan - Feck - change cabs
    All Tills Profiles, JVM, Mesa Boogies, JCM800
    Soldano SLO100 - Kemper - tweaked with Tills cab and Amp Factory 87X cab
    Pete - okstrat Profiles
    Mesa MKV - 10 watt channel - medium gain crunch - can't remember author - Mesa MKV 'Extreme' - same author
    ACY's 'Some Marshall'
    CAA 100 - Peter Fischer - change cabs

Lead - too many to mention
    All of Tills Profiles
    Legacy - Erik Stam
    Dozens of Mesa Boogies with Tills Mesa cabs
    Dozens of Marshalls, JVM, JCM, JTM, 800/2000, TSL...with Tills cabs
    Bogner XTC 'Green' - Amp Factory 'Free'
    Pete - okstrat - Bogner XTC 'Red' and 'Blue' & Marshalls

Tomorrow I'll turn on my Kemper and I can add 30 different Profiles......................

• Clean (I don't usually play clean unless it sounds like a circuit bent synth, so my opinion is pretty moot):

- The profile I made based on the instructions in Gundy Keller's vid for the Gilmour tone
    - ShimmerySwell4 by paults

Crunch:

Peters Hydra 57 Off by DWIZTED, with the gain dialed back

Melt your face off metal: :thumbup:

Framus Cobra by Ron Jones
    MarkV profiles by Björn Gottfridsson
    Mark III Red Stripe PB by Thumas
    Tone of the Week TOTW profiles by Tecks
    PT Marshall Fortin 6 by Pete Turley
    Diezel VH4 by Dirk Gooding
    plus my own of course ;)

Can't really pick just 2, since that changes daily.

• Unfortunately, this type of poll is almost meaningless at this point. Already it seems that the amount of options is near infinite and really the variable is not really which profiles sound good but which sound good with the guitar your using and your monitoring situation. I have 2 pairs of headphones, and ALTO TS112A, M-Audio nearfields, and a Tech 21 Power Engine and the same profiles sound radically different when played back through each system even when using the same guitar. Pair that with the fact that may users modify profiles to their specific tonal needs (ex I love the Morgan AC20, but my rig is pretty far from the settings on the rig exchange) and user results will vastly differ. At this point, I think new users should first focus on the archtype amps they're familiar with and honestly start with the factory profiles learning how the different parameters work to alter the tone. With the thousands of free and commercial profiles out there, I'd also recommend listening to as many clips of the real amps as they can find online to determine if the underlying tones might work for them unless they simply want to spend a ton of time auditioning a great many profiles, bloating up their KPA, and eventually hitting the profile limit before having to wipe it clean and start from scratch. I have less than 100 rigs on my box at this point, and really I'm done. Unless I hear about some rather rare amps I've gassed over in the past, I've really got no desire to load another profile onto my box.

• Unfortunately, this type of poll is almost meaningless at this point. Already it seems that the amount of options is near infinite and really the variable is not really which profiles sound good but which sound good with the guitar your using and your monitoring situation. I have 2 pairs of headphones, and ALTO TS112A, M-Audio nearfields, and a Tech 21 Power Engine and the same profiles sound radically different when played back through each system even when using the same guitar. Pair that with the fact that may users modify profiles to their specific tonal needs (ex I love the Morgan AC20, but my rig is pretty far from the settings on the rig exchange) and user results will vastly differ. At this point, I think new users should first focus on the archtype amps they're familiar with and honestly start with the factory profiles learning how the different parameters work to alter the tone. With the thousands of free and commercial profiles out there, I'd also recommend listening to as many clips of the real amps as they can find online to determine if the underlying tones might work for them unless they simply want to spend a ton of time auditioning a great many profiles, bloating up their KPA, and eventually hitting the profile limit before having to wipe it clean and start from scratch. I have less than 100 rigs on my box at this point, and really I'm done. Unless I hear about some rather rare amps I've gassed over in the past, I've really got no desire to load another profile onto my box.

Absolutely this!

• Will,

Well put! Please add a copy of your post to the "A time saving suggestion" thread I put in the "Tips and Tricks" forum. I had approached a similar question, and answered from the perspective of the huge amount of time needed to try and listen to thousands of downloads. Your post would add a lot of depth to the suggestion, and will be longer lasting in a post with a title reflective of your thoughts . :)

• Ah, sorry for asking..

Man, I'm sorry. I didn't mean your post was apology worthy. I view each profile as a starting point, not the end. For example I love the fender Excelsior profile from The Amp Factory. But I've tailored it to my tastes. Many would probably never even consider it because it's a cheap amp. But boosted with some EQ and it's sounds fantastic IMHO. I can use this single profile at a multitude of different gain settings to get pretty much any tone I'd use. And that's the trick IMHO. Finding a few key profiles that offer the general EQ shape which you find most pleasing and then start working on making it your own.

Here's a partial list off the top of my head of my favs. But please remember I don't use any of these profiles at their stock settings. And my tastes probably fall a little outside the norm.

Soundside '57 Deluxe
    Amp Factory Evil Robot PhilX w/ Klon
    Amp Factory Cornford
    Amp Factory JC120
    Amp Factory Fender Excelsior
    Amp Factory '69 Deluxe (from the factory Teeny Tiny Feet)
    Amp Factory 1987x
    Morgan AC20
    Eric Strams Slash
    Fuzzy German (Ruppert's factory rig)
    London Trem Grit - R44 (factory)
    the AC30 from the "Streets" rig (can't remember the exact name, shoot I like pretty much all the factory AC30 stuff)
    A few from the Shadows from the Past free pack

Can't remember any more.

Edited 2 times, last by Will_Chen ().

• Ok, thanx man.
    Just thought that it is anyway intresting to know what people prefer as a best profiles.
    Not so seriously but you can always get a good ideas of trying new ones -wheter I do understand that it is very case sensitive how they sound..

Cheers,
    -Olli

• The old posts in this "Free Rigs and Profiles" sub-forum are a great way to see what people thought of the rigs when they were first posted. It took awhile, but I eventually read just about all of them.

Very true Paul- I've had my KPA almost a month and still reading. As a new user I want to sincerely thank you for all your help & the great profiles!

First gig with mine tomorrow - cant wait but do have some nerves.... ;)

• These are in Rig Pack 4 from the Kemper website (Downloads), not the specific rig exchange site.

Hi Ingolf and thankx for info!
    Wheter someone here said that it is kind of stupidity to ask "best profiles you know" I have allready got many good new hints. Thanks for all those who had involved,
    and please continue if you feel familiar with sharing your darlings :thumbup:
    -Olli

• That is The Amp Factory Rig Pack (November 2012) in the Support section of the Kemper website.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff