Van Weelden Twinkleland aming for Bonamassa Stop!

• I got a question from a fellow KPA owner Geraldo7 in Munich, Germany, if I had profiled a Van Weelden. He was trying to get a sound like Joe Bonamassa. I was never too much into sounding exactly like someone else as I have problems enough trying to sound like me. :D

I did have a profile of a Van Weelden Twinkleland from the Fenix Sessions but even though I thought it sounded good, I wasn't quite sure what kind of musical context it would fit. I saw this as a challenge, so I asked Geraldo if he could point me to a few Bonamassa clips. He did and there was a Bonamassa tune called Stop! on Youtube that I liked so I got to work on the profile. I wanted the rig to be able to get all the sound in the song so here it is.

I used my PRS McCarty with 57/08 pickups and an Edwards 335-clone to tweak the profile.

1. The almost clean sounds you get with the profile as it is when you select it. You may have to adjust the gain or the volume at your guitar if you have hotter pickups.

2. The first solo tone I get with the boost in Stomp B activated and the tone rolled off a bit.

3. For those of you who don't want to use your guitar tone control you can try the Graphich EQ in Stomp 4 as I programmed it to sound almost exactly like it sounded with my tone rolled off a bit as in point 2 above. That may or may not work better for you. Just a friendly option I thought I could provide.

4. The 335 sound is both pickups on and all stomps off.

5. The more powerful lead sound at the end I get with the boost in Stomp B plus the Green Screamer in Stomp C with a bit of tone rolled off on the guitar. Another option would be Stomp B + Stomp D. For the wah part at the end a put a standard Cry Baby in Stomp A.

I have no idea if this will work for anyone but I'm now actually enjoying this profile.

You can find the profile at my KPA profiles page on my web site:
    http://www.nermark.com/KPA_profiles.htm

In case you download it, I hope you like it!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks for sharing - unfortunately it´s the "Stop" Rig is the only one not working!
    Cheers

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx

• Mats,

thank you so much for your work here! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    but i have a link issue as well ?( in case it is not the black one

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• BTW, "Stop" was recorded using a Carol Ann, not a VW.....(I obviously don't mean Volkswagen here)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• link did work for me @ 9PM. tried to record with the kipr of the VW and will test it further, but ...

excellent superdooper work here!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    sverige! sverige! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I knew that, but as Geraldo asked for a VW sounding like Joe B that's what he got.

Cheers,

Mats N

you really helpfull to geraldo and big offer to the kemper comunity . I really like JB Tones , and the VW is impressive . I would love A clean , And breakup version of VW , as turning Gain up or down is not always the same thing as profiling the source .

VW amp rules .

Thanks again

• Just tried the profile and love it! Great work as always Mats! :D

Didn't wanted to sound like a smart@ss, sorry Mats.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• https://soundcloud.com/marco_la_roche/mixdown2cut

little demo of mats nermark VW profile tweaked by me .
    It was recorded with les paul custom black beauty .

I only wanted to show the quality of this great profile . hope you like it .

cheers and thanks MATS

BTW: the sound of this profile edited, nothing has to do with the song Stop. But it was inspired by JB fitted to my taste . I didnt atempt a JB replica .

Edited once, last by Tone ().

• That sounds PHATT, especially the underlying rhythm guitar.

• you really helpfull to geraldo and big offer to the kemper comunity . I really like JB Tones , and the VW is impressive . I would love A clean , And breakup version of VW , as turning Gain up or down is not always the same thing as profiling the source .

VW amp rules .

Thanks again

Now the funny thing is that this rig started out with the gain much lower so a breakup version should be easy to get. Can you point me to a clean sound that you would like? Then I can see if there's anything I can do. As my name is included in the rig I only release a rig if I think it's good.

Cheers,

Mats N