Kemper bugs?

• I have two issues with my KPA that I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced as well:

1. Occasionally the volume drops to zero and the only way to make it come back is turn the master volume all the way down and then up again. Some times it loses its reference, that is, at one time it has a certain volume at 1.0 for instance and then when I get it back at 1.0 it's a lot louder or a lot softer. Weird, looks more like a software glitch than a hardware problem to me. For this to happen I have all outs linked to the master volume except the master outs. I suspect this volume dropouts might be related to voltage fluctuations at the power outlet.

2. I've tried using the micropitch for a chorus effect and noticed that it: a) has a lot less volume than when it's bypassed and b) if I turn on a compressor in the stompbox section and have micropitch at the "X" slot, the effect is heard even with mix at 0%.

Edited once, last by Deny ().

• I had occasional volume drops in last gig. Volume decreased some 50%, then came back automatically. This all happened within 5-10 seconds.

I still suspect the problem is in my monitor cab, but ofcourse the source can be Kemper and the new 1.8.0. But your post seem to be the only one with similar problem I have founds so far....

• I've been having a similar problem with my K10 during a rehearsal, at loud volumes the speaker vibration caused an intermittent bad contact at the TRS jack which in turn caused volume drops and some times cut the output completely, BTW very frustrating problem to have in such an expensive piece of gear. The problem was solved by using the XLR connector instead.

The only way to fix the problem I've described in my OP AFAIK is turning the master volume all the way down and then up again back at where it was before. Encoder problem maybe?

• I have the volume drops too.

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• I have my monitor out controlled by the master volume. When I have the volume drop I check the output and the monitor volume shows (-) infinity.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Ok, looks like that my problems are somewhere in the guitar. It's a Jackson from early 90's, need to check the electronics. But wire or joint somewhere, I guess.... Well, I'm glad KPA is just fine.

• I have two issues with my KPA that I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced as well:

1. Occasionally the volume drops to zero and the only way to make it come back is turn the master volume all the way down and then up again. Some times it loses its reference, that is, at one time it has a certain volume at 1.0 for instance and then when I get it back at 1.0 it's a lot louder or a lot softer. Weird, looks more like a software glitch than a hardware problem to me. For this to happen I have all outs linked to the master volume except the master outs. I suspect this volume dropouts might be related to voltage fluctuations at the power outlet.

2. I've tried using the micropitch for a chorus effect and noticed that it: a) has a lot less volume than when it's bypassed and b) if I turn on a compressor in the stompbox section and have micropitch at the "X" slot, the effect is heard even with mix at 0%.

ad 1. Are you aware of the various volumes and how they interact linked or unlinked to Master Volume? This is described in the Reference Manual. Pedal Volume is another volume which works on top of the others. What you describe as 'losing its reference' could also be caused by a change of pedal volume.

ad 2. Please open a support ticket and attach an example rig.

• ad 1. Are you aware of the various volumes and how they interact linked or unlinked to Master Volume? This is described in the Reference Manual. Pedal Volume is another volume which works on top of the others. What you describe as 'losing its reference' could also be caused by a change of pedal volume.

ad 2. Please open a support ticket and attach an example rig.

Hi Burkhard, thanks for chiming in :)

Regarding the volume jumps, I don't have a volume pedal connected to the external pedal jack of my KPA, just a regular MIDI controller (Lexicon MPX-R1) with the pedal assigned to a wah in the stomp section. I did not touch the KPA or MIDI controller at the times the volume jumps occurred. I'm aware of the way the linked/unlinked outputs work with the master volume, whenever I link a new output I always set it to zero and then adjust to the desired output volume. Right now I have everything but the master outs linked to the master volume knob, should I unlink everything and keep only monitor out linked?

Now about the micropitch, I didn't actually save the rig, when I noticed the volume difference and the fact that the mix control didn't seem to work correctly I just gave up on using it and went with a chorus instead. But the problem is fairly easy to reproduce, all you have to do is put a compressor in the stomp section and the micropitch in the "X" slot, set mix to zero and give it a listen, the effect will still be heard, not so (that I could identify) without the compressor engaged.