Kemper should arrive tomorrow !

• ... Acording to the tracking, anyway.

Just wondering if there is an unofficial to-do list when first using the Kemper ? I have read a lot on here already and will dig into the wiki once things settle down from the new toy excitement. Though I like to dive right in and I will probably just check out the clean sense setting and then sample out a few rigs to get an idea of how all my other equipment cooperates with the Kemper before trying to dial anything in.

• ... Acording to the tracking, anyway.

Just wondering if there is an unofficial to-do list when first using the Kemper ? I have read a lot on here already and will dig into the wiki once things settle down from the new toy excitement. Though I like to dive right in and I will probably just check out the clean sense setting and then sample out a few rigs to get an idea of how all my other equipment cooperates with the Kemper before trying to dial anything in.

Welcome!
    While not essential I recommend updating to the latest beta to get all the new FX goodies (namely the harmonizer).
    Right after that there's only one thing to do: Enjoy! ;)

• Welcome!

One suggestion that will save you a lot of time - resist the temptation to download large numbers of profiles all at once :)

You'll want to download any "must have sounds" that aren't included - go for it! But, it will take some listening time to figure out if the sounds are already in the Kemper, before you'll know if you are missing anything.

These rigs are like real amps - they respond well to parameter adjustment, so spending a few minutes with a rig that is close to the sound you want may give you faster results than playing more 50 profiles of that amp.

Even just five minutes of playing and tweaking each of the 400+ profiles that are included would be around 40 hours.

If you make a backup file before you start auditioning rigs, you can confidently delete any rig that you aren't going to use. It will always be available in your backup file, if you ever need it.

A five minute listening session with 1000 rigs (the current maximum number of rigs) would take 83 hours, or so. That's an hour a day, for two months and three weeks.

As of the end of April, 2013, If someone downloaded every available free profile, it would take approximately ten months, at one hour a day, to give each one a five minute audition. :D

• Good point, thanks. I will definitely back up first. The way I see it is if I change gear, I will probably have a better starting point with the original profile than to re-tweak an already modified one.

I'm going through a gear change over right now, so detail won't be a big deal till my studio monitors get in. Which are supposedly going to translate reasonably well between them and either frfr stage monitors or pa speakers.

But that is another issue all together as our stage sound makes up about 40-50% of our FOH due to competing with an aggressive drrummer just to hear ourselves and mix in. So I cannot see how I could get away with just one speaker. Kind of need one monitor and one type for backline. I could probably make a thread for that part in a better topic area later on though.

• Welcome to the fun! Paults is correct, there are a LOT of rigs to peruse. However, there are indeed 24 hours in a day! 8o

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer