Updating Operating System For The First Time, I Want To Make Sure I Do This Correctly.

• I've owned my KPA since November of last year. I was afraid to upgrade the Operating System because I'd read about different problems with new updates. Well, I'm getting ready to update the OS to 1.6.1 and want to make sure I understand this correctly. I've downloaded 1.6.1 from the website. I have a new 8 GB thumb drive. Now, do I need to do anything to the file "kaos.bin" before copying it to the "OS Update" folder on the USB stick? Also, should I do a system reset? If so, how do I go about this? How about creating a backup? is this necessary if all I'm doing is installing a new OS?

I know a lot of you guys will roll your eyes with these questions. But like I said before, this digital stuff makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I'm an old (and I do mean old) guitar playing, tube amp guy. I do as little as possible when it comes to computers. Thanks

• Creating a backup is a good idea. But not necessary. If anything goes wrong you will be able to restore your backup. Just simply copy the kaos.bin file into the OS Update folder and plug the pendrive into the back of the KPA. The KPA will automatically ask if you want to update your firmware.

• Hi, be sure to make a backup 1st. Insert usb stick, press 'backup' in the ext storage menu and wait a bit.

You just have to put your kaos.bin file in the right folder on your stick (OS update) ,once you unzipped the Zip from kemper-amps.com

Then put your stick on the KPA, update is almost automatic since the KPA scans the stick for new firmwares.

be patient the process is quite long.

• How do you go about "Unzipping" the Zip form the kemper-amps.com file? Are you saying I need to do this "unzip" to the kaos.bin file before loading it on the USB drive? If so, how do I go about performing the "unzip" function?

• Once you have extracted the kaos.bin file from the archive (zip) you do not have to do anything else. It is ready to be copied onto the pendrive.

When you say "extracked", are you saying open the kaos.bin file? When I double click the "kaos.bin" file on the download from Kemper, I get a message saying "Windows Can't Open This File".

• Windows cannot open a .bin file. This is normal, do not worry.
    By extracting I mean copying the kaos.bin file from the zip file that you downloaded from the Kemper webpage. Simply copy the kaos.bin onto the OS update directory of the pendrive.

• Windows cannot open a .bin file. This is normal, do not worry.
    By extracting I mean copying the kaos.bin file from the zip file that you downloaded from the Kemper webpage. Simply copy the kaos.bin onto the OS update directory of the pendrive.

Thanks so much. the upgrade was successful. I don't know why I'm so afraid of this stuff. I'm always afraid I'm going to do blow it up.