Did you use other digital amp simulation gear before you got the Kemper?

• I've used the Vox tonelab stuff, which was pretty good for cleans and low-gain,
    and pretty much every VST and impulse response on the market, commercial or not, plus Nebula. None of it comes even close to the KPA.
    Still want to try out an XFXII more thoroughly one day.

It's a shame that impulse responses don't integrate well with the KPA - i'd have loved for the KPA team to make a real, invested, functional converter rather than the cabmaker - but that's OT and debatable, i'm sure.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Long expensive journey, as I've needed a good live direct tone for playing at church for the past 8 years, though I did use an amp from time to time.

Korg something (a little silver box) set clean as the tail end of my stomps.
    Vox tonelab SE (the blue 2 pedal one)
    TC electronic Nova system with speaker sim turned on and wampler OD pedals
    Line6 Pod HD500
    TC electronic G system with wampler OD pedals and a Tech 21 blonde sansamp pedal set clean for my amp modeling (not a bad set up at all)
    The Kemper- no regrets G.A.S. is over (until they come out with the Kemper 2 in a few years)

• here's my line:
    Rockman Sustainor \analog, but no tubes\
    Rocktron ProGap
    Sansamp PSA-1
    Behringer V-amp
    a couple of PODs
    Vetta I with 2 upgrade \still keep it as backup\
    11 Rack
    aaaand....
    this GDBTITW : God Damn Best Toy In The World :thumbup:

• Used a Roland multi effect with one expression pedal, got totally annoyed because I could not handle it together with a Laney V100. Sold it and got single stomp boxes from various manufacturers (Boss, etc.)
    Got myself in addition in this order a Solton 100W tube amp, Dynacord MV46 tube amp and a Hiwatt Custom 100 and various cabs 1x12 and one 4x12.
    Got now a TOASTER and selling everything else! :D

• started with Pod 2.0 as a toy
    then Pod xt live
    then Vox Tonelab Le
    then Digitech Gsp1101

Never used the amp sims only used them for effects with a Laboga Rad 3 tube amp i almost regret i sold :(

Kemper is the first one i use live for amp sims and effects :)

• Hi, Just voted!
    I had V-Amp 2 For Long,
    used for home practise even if, except my First marshall Valvesate VS30R, I've always played All Valve Amps
    for Live or rehears.

But also happened that one Night the 'Blue broken Guit' Save the show.
    (Sorry but W/out a fuse 2A Timed ...the Show Must go on with This! and it was not a Musical tragedy for anyone eventually )

but wondering about the other 10 like me and 11 with axe fx II ..
    are the % value or number of votes right?
    could anyone explain this graph?

• So far

AxeFx (classic) / Ultra: 22 people have or had
    AxeFx II: 12 people have or had

My path to Kemper
    VG-1 synth
    Zoom GFX-8
    Adrenalinn ii
    Digitech iPB-10 iPad interface
    Any lot's of frustration with nice big tube amps long the way.

• Line 6 flextone II -> Line 6 HD head -> Line 6 guitar port -> KPA. Now if they would release the KFC i will have the gas cured for years to come. (Not counting guitars or speakers)

• I've had a line6 POD and a Line6 Vetta...
    The Vetta was very good to use with headphones at night when all the family members were sleeping... :D
    When using it with other band members it was clear that at high volume the Vetta missed balls and was easily lost in the mix...
    Maybe my Vetta was a female... :P
    I also remember that the knobs were moving from themselves from the vibrations of the speakers...
    I also had a Zoom 9002, which was very good in those days...
    Before the Zoom I used a Roland Boss kind of "walkman for guitar", but the thing was not good...

Edited once, last by krikke ().

• I used a vetta 12 year and knobs moving at high volumes was a design fault. This was cured by putting little "Polo Mint" like washers underneath the knobs. I remember going to the factory in Rugby and mentioning this issue to them and this is what they gave
    me to cure it and it worked lol

• I also had a Zoom 9002, which was very good in those days...

I remember I always wanted one, never got it... and the time passed by. Got a Johnson J-Station waaaaaaay after that though!

Before the Zoom I used a Roland Boss kind of "walkman for guitar", but the thing was not good...

Would the Roland/Boss have been a Pandora by any chance?!

• I used a vetta 12 year and knobs moving at high volumes was a design fault. This was cured by putting little "Polo Mint" like washers underneath the knobs. I remember going to the factory in Rugby and mentioning this issue to them and this is what they gave
    me to cure it and it worked lol

Line6 send me metal knobs to exchange the plastic ones... then the problem was solved...
    They never send me the balls the amp needed... so I got rid of it and got me an ENGL Smolski... that thing has at least 3 balls I think... :D

• Started with Zoom GFX4 then Boss GT6 then Boss GT10 then went to tube amps because of what we called as digital fizz ( I didn't know then that it was called as such). Then TC Nova System together with analog pedals into a tube amp. Then nearly got a second hand Axe Ultra but backed out at the last minute since I realized I need to tweak a lot based on reviews and I'm not really good at tweaking :)

Then I read the KPA in its infancy. From the definition I said myself I'm gonna buy a KPA one day for the sole reason that it can reproduce the sweet spots of an amp. This was my Eureka moment, this was exactly what I need! I followed KPA on the internet for a year or so and then on Feb 2013 I got one. All smile after that :)

I still have the Nova system though since I cannot decide to let it go due to its very good modulation effects.

• My buddy loaned me his Yamaha SPX 900 for about 6 months and that was my first time messing around with any kind of real gear. Then i got the Zoom 9002 and loved it.
    It was just super cool to be able to take it around anywhere and play. It finally died and i think i got another Zoom unit. Then an old digitech GSP 21 Pro?
    Then Pod Farm, and Pod HD 500, then tried EZ Mix 2 , and finally the Kemper.