Hendrix rigs needed !!

• Hi,

Thanks ! I try to do my best. :P

Anyway, it's done, I've just post both profiles on the Official Kemper Exchange site :

-> the Blues tone is named : Hendrix blues Blackf
    -> the Little Wing tone approach is named : Hendrix Little Wing

Hope you will enjoy with them. ^^

Edited once, last by Doux ().

• Yahoo !! Tried 'em , they are shockingly good !!! Where did find you that 59' bassman ???

this blackface is outstanding with a strat, instant killer Jimi at woodstock tone , also with tonnnnns of headroom in the gain range & bass gain without any boost , from subtle clean to screaming fantastic !!!

Instant classic rig for me 8o

• Thanks,

Yes, I didn't create the amp profiles, there are both from factory preset on the Kemper or Rig exchange community. ;)

Regarding the tweaks, I play with the EQ on the stack module (B/M/T/P (more for all), the volume (less), the gain (less)) and on the amp side with the definition (less), the pick (more) and put a slow rotary on the effects module.
    So nothing magical...I just made my own kitchen for my gears ! :D

I'm not totally satisfied with the Little Wing, I will work on more soon. :whistling:

• what a sleeping gem we had for a long time, but anayway the hendrix blues rig is a superb work.
    well done, and thanks for sharing. it sounds incredibly "in the face". thumbs up +1000

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hi guys & Thx Kemper team for providing the actual rig . Just a few hints : this Fender Blackface was profiled in Nashville with a Telefunken CU-29 mic (that is worth your KPA price !!! ) on Axis and the tags say ' All knobs on 10' ... This might explain the living presence & Air of this fantastic rig... I enjoyed it so much that I'm dead tired from last nite noodling and my fingers hurt ...

• Hi

I'm glad so many people like it ! that's demonstrate that my effort and work were benefit. ^^

I worked again on a new "Little Wing" rig today and choose another point for starting tweaking.

The amp is the same as yesterday (Bassman from Factory preset), but I also tweak the Cabinet and the EQ + the Amp gain in another way.
    ...and I use a different strat' (a Fender 64' with different pickups : always Sliders Pickups but not 68', some 64' spec' ones).

My ears are tired this evening...I need to sleep! ?(

http://soundcloud.com/krok/little-wing-tone-test2

If you like it, I will share it.

• Looking at the tags it reads : Black Visage Bass Di ( direct input ???) . Cab is Classic - CU29 ( 2x12 GT12 -75 )

Anyway here is another loop made with a telecaster , in a robin Thrower mood. Nothing fancy here , but that sweetness on the left tele is lovely.

https://soundcloud.com/waraba/smooth-ride

Lovely lil' Wing Doux !!! Je pense qu'on est voisins , je suis à Puteaux !

• Hello Waraba,

Yes you're right, Je suis du côté de Versailles.
    Sympa de retrouver des passionnés d'une même région sur un forum international! ;)

Regarding my last tweak done on the Little Wing rig, I prefer the global result of this last rig, but I need to work more on it.
    There is something more "un je ne sais quoi" on the high ends, that I would like to find and put in the sound...something more "Clangy" and less 'Twangy"...I don't know if it's clear (as it's difficult to describe), but my ears told me to search again this "magical" creamy "Clang" on the high notes.

I will try others combinations, with cabinets etc and/or settings.
    For the last test, the Fender strat 64' has all knobs between 8-9.

humm...I really love Little Wing sound on the studio version...if I can reach to be near of it, it will be wonderful! :P8)

Very big challenge ! :D

• Thanks Jason, you're welcome !

I think I will try to build others Hendrix rigs...maybe another one of my favorite : "The Wind cries Mary". ^^

• Hey, Kemper early adopters - did "Blackface Bass Dimed" previously have a name including the word "Visage"? Was there previously a "Black Visage" profile?

Current Factory Profile:
    Rig Name:
    Blackface Bass Dimed
    Fender Bassman Blackface
    Generic 2*12 w/ Celestion G12-T 75s
    Telefunken CU-29

February 2012 Rig Exchange:
    DP 64 Bassman
    Black Visage Bass
    Black Visage Bass
    (One of DP's tweaked factory rigs?)

This thread from January 2012 describes a "Black Visage" Factory Profile -
    Blind test KPA QSC 2xK12 vs Hughes and Kettner Duotone valve amp

• Hello,

I spent some time today to build another Hendrix rig of one of my favorite Hendrix clean tone : studio tone of Little Wing.
    It's not perfect, but I found something "authentic" in it...something like vintage and pearl texture in the tone.
    There are more "glaw" and "clow" than "twang" in the high frequencies.

I hope you will feel the vibe and enjoy ^^ :

http://soundcloud.com/krok/little-wing-studio-tone

Edited once, last by Krok ().

• I spent some time today to build another Hendrix rig of one of my favorite Hendrix clean tone : studio tone of Little Wing.
    It's not perfect, but I found something "authentic" in it...something like vintage and pearl texture in the tone.
    There are more "glaw" and "clow" than "twang" in the high frequencies.

Now we're getting somwhere's :thumbup:

Very close indeed.

Thank's Krok :thumbup:

• hello,

Thanks for your comments. ^^

I think I'm not allowed to share the rig as it has been built from a commercial one (Soundside.de).

I can tell my tweaks, if it can help :?: :
    -> I start with a base of a Fender Deluxe profile,
    -> Stack module : Amp/EQ and Cab, on the definition, bias, character, pick etc,
    -> Stomps module in front : add a Green stomp without gain but with tone tweak, an EQ and a subtle Slow Rotary,
    -> Effects module : add another EQ, a Slow rotary (only used for the end of the test) and a subtle reverb

PS : I'm the same user named Doux (who post the first "Little Wing" tests), I used this new login as I have some problems with my first old account...sorry... :S

Edited once, last by Krok ().