suhr badger 35

• know this has been asked before, but yesterday I heard a suhr badger 35 palyed by this guy Pete Thorn. does someone own this amp and profile it? both community and commercial profiling is ok, of course.

careful though. a guy I know told me that a common friend had this amp which sounded all but the sound of the video of Pete Thorn. and all the attempts of making it sound like it should failed.

here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6sEDWQG17o

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I tried the 18w version a few years ago after hearing his demo and I was extremely disappointed. it sounded like a totally different amp ( in a bad way)and the guy at the store told me that most people that had tried it out couldn't make it sound good. I really like the sound in his demos though. would be great to have a couple of profiles to mess around with.

• Any chance we aren't really hearing the amp shown...maybe 11Rack or Axe Fx or a lot of post compression verb etc?

• uhm....................everything can be. we should ask someone who really owns this amp, just to be sure............i doubt it though, I mean I doubt he's faking the sound since it looks like he's endorsing the suhr. i think it is really it, maybe with different tubes. it sounds a lot like EL34 are on board.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I don't own a Suhr Badger 35 but have played through about 4 different ones, all with the same results ,,, GREAT!

I found a setting by balancing the gains and the power scaling and by using my volume and pickup selector (this is using

a strat with S/S/H pickup configuration) go from clean to mean and alot in between as they say. Now I'm not a metal player

by any means but it gives me what I would need for most of the classic rock gigs that I have played. I have tried the 18, the 30 and

of course the 35's and I did like the 18 and I find that the 35 is just a bigger sounding 18 which makes sense as the 18 uses

2 EL84's and the 35 uses 4 whereas the 30 uses EL34's.

In fact I almost bought one but decided to buy a Kemper instead for even more versatility as I am playing more at home and

recording these days than playing live. Love the Kemper and once I get better results or results that I am happy with profiling

I would definately choose a Badger 35 to profile.

My .02 worth

Dan

• hey guys, have you checked out the profile of mats nermark?
    although it is in this case a ML-100, this one should not be that far off the mark.
    reacts beautifully to the volume knob. give it a try!

cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• The Badger 35 is a quad EL-84, the ML-100 is a Plexi'ish based on EL-34. Quite different amps....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff