Reinhardt 18 + Tills 1960 013

• Tried it and LIKED IT! Very responsive, also to the volume knob (I need to train that a bit more), the rig seems to work better with my LP & burstbuckers than with my Brian May single coil, which is anyway an exotic beast. Currently running the KPA with a Laney VH100 through return into a open 1x12 cab.
    The rig will probably stay on my KPA.
    Thanx for sharing!

• I'm glad if some folks give that profile I did a try. I had the 18 loaded with very good nos tubes.

You're Paul Byther?

How about a few more Profiles, it's a killer amp. :thumbup:

Are us Kemper users getting spoilt or what.
    I posted my clip on another forum for a forum jam, different guys doing a solo over different sections of the track.
    They think the tone is awesome, over here it's just 'another tone'. :D

• You're Paul Byther?

How about a few more Profiles, it's a killer amp. :thumbup:

Are us Kemper users getting spoilt or what.
    I posted my clip on another forum for a forum jam, different guys doing a solo over different sections of the track.
    They think the tone is awesome, over here it's just 'another tone'. :D

I sold the Reinhardt 18 a short while ago. It's a great amp and I still "have" it in my KPA. It also has a place in my goto tones. It is much like the Marshall 18's which, IMO and to this day, has a great Marshall "crunch" to place in a mix. Note separation is very good. It handles pedals if a bit more is required.

I think a good tone can be relative to who is listening. I really like the idea of folks "putting their 2 cents in" sorts of collaborations.

I have a number of friends who are players. I really need to do more profiling. I firmly believe that some of the great amps that are out there need to be profiled. It isn't that I believe good amps are not being made, nor do I believe that people building great tube amps is a lost deal....

What I believe is that tube amps can be improved or detracted by subtle differences in tube type and quality, speaker types and quality, etc., etc.

It makes a great deal more sense to me to capture great amps when and where they exist rather than hoping a number of algorhythms will get a more genuine result. It's possible to check the results with immediacy and move to the next task.

I love the KPA. It's perfect for me as it is capable of capturing the "magic" of an amp if the magic is there. I intend to get myself and others to profiles great amps.

• The clip sounds great. I'm downloading this! :)

Won't be able to try it for some time though, with a newborn at home. But I'll let you know asap :)

• It was a great amp while I owned it. The profile I did was of the "normal" channel. I was going to profile the"bright channel but the profile didn't seem to hit anyone's fancy so I didn't bother.

I loaded the amp with N.O.S. Amperex "Bugle Boy" ECC83 preamp tubes with 1962 build date codes. The 2 EL84's power tubes were NOS Mullards with 1964 build date codes.
    The phase inverter was a N.O.S. RFT ECC81 with a build date in the '70's if I remember correctly.

The speaker I put in it was a Celestion 20 watt 12.

The cab swap works as well.

It was originally mic'd with Heil P30 roughly 1/4 of the distance between dustcap and anulus just a 1/2 inch off the grillcloth..

I still pull the Reinhardt 18 up for certain things.

I hope it works for you.

Edited 5 times, last by 1fastdog ().

• Парни!!! Охуенный профайл!!! Качайте!!!

Do I have to assume you like it? 8o

:thumbup:

On a more serious note, I believe there're other Reinhardt 18 profiles around, reinhardt 18 crunch, Hey Jim and Sultan. some of these should be factory profiles.

• "REINHARDT CRUNCH 18" would be the profile I loaded quite sometime back.

AFAIK it's the only one other than maybe some Reinhardt Storm profiles that Andy might have shared.

Bob Reinhardt is a nice fellow and it's a shame he isn't building amps any longer. I know Mark Knopfler liked them quite a lot.