Having problem with stomp A not working correctly

• I have patches setup in my kemper with the green scream on and every time I switch to another patch via midi and come back to my main patch the green scream is off. I can kick it back on by hitting an instant access but I dont want to do that every time I switch back to my main distortion patch. Is there any way I can fix this because I have a gig tomorrow and this just started happening now. I know its late now but I hope I can get this resolved before the gig otherwise I'll have to use something else because Im not tap dancing all night lol
    it doesnt matter if I save the patch with the GS on because whenever I come back to the patch it switches off. its the only effect that has been affected.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 2 times, last by Gainfreak ().

• I'm using a Rocktron Midi Mate. I had it setup and it worked perfectly. Not sure why it's acting up now. The only thing I did since my last gig was download the new o/s with the pitch shifting. The Midimate hasn't been touched since.

• I had the same problem

Since the new firmware (1.8beta) the guys at Kemper have corrected the way the Kemper deals with the midi messages that are being sent from the foot controller..

I had a problem with mine as I had assigned the four stomps to switches on the all access, the default state on the all access of the switches is set to OFF (so no led is lit when I load a rig, even if the stomp is switched on on the Kemper).

However what happens now is that the kemper processes the message where the all access sends the default state of the swich.... so even if stomp 1 is active when I save the rig, the kemper calls up the rig on the press of the midi controller, but immediatly switches off the distortion stomp..

So now it is necessary to program the default state of these stomps on each patch on the foot controller to match the default state on the rig on the Kemper.... hope this makes sense....

So in the midi settings of the All access you need to switch the default values of the ON/OFF state to be the other way around... currently it sounds like your default for this switch (on the midi controller) is OFF. I also had to change the midi controller so that my assignments are per preset rather than Global.... a pain at first as you have to set the switch behaviour for every preset you want to use, but it works great once it's done.

Hope this helps
    Mike

• Thanks so much Mike! That does make sense but I don't know how to do that Unfortunately. I'll have to figure it out when I get a chance. I wont be able to do it for tonight's gig since I wont have time, So I guess I'll have to tap dance tonight or use another rig.

All the best and thanks again!

Ralph

• No problem, glad I could help. :thumbup:

Well I'm not out of the woods yet lol. I can't find how to access the on/off values. I have the pedal setup where I can kick the effect on and off but I can't find where to set the effect to always be on. My gig last night was a nightmare lol