Best cab for the dumble profiles?

• Hey guys

Been playing around with the 3 dumble profiles we have, and was swapping cabs to try and close to 'it'

Then I realised there wasn't a cat in hells chance of me knowing what 'it' was, as I'd never seen one of these things, and never will, so as usual I don't know what I'm taking about

However there are some seriously connected guys here now, and I'd love their advice about what they'd do to get the profiles close to the experience of actually playing one of these holy grails

Any thoughts?

• Try the Fuchs cab from the factory rigs, a 2x12 from a Twin will also get you near. Consider that all Dumbles are heads and most of the people just pair it with their preferred cabs (Santana with 3Monkeys, Kenny Wayne Shepard with Marshall...the only one that comes to my mind using a Dumble cab is Robben Ford)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• hi guys,

i checked subito, whether thereare dumbles in the rig exchange!!

:love:

and found 5 profiles, which are essentially two tries to profile this gem. one is of tony mckenzie made

in april 2012 and does not sound like a dumble IMHO.

the other one is going to be checked by geraldo soon.

did i mmiss anything else?

thanks

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• sorry for this strange format of my last post, i am afraid this is a new bug of the forum software.
    not able to edit it!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Geraldo: I'm a Dumble whore and with the Kemper I have finally the sound I've been hearing in my head for years. I use tweaked versions of the 1978 Dumble from Rig Exchange, the Fuchs ODS from Peter Fischer (factory rigs), and a profile from a Two Rock TS-1 from the early days when Rig Exchange was not there yet. For Strat and 335 the MN Black Goop is also excellent. I personally don't like much the Dumble profile from Tony (is actually a Ceriatone), but that is just me, no doubt with other hands and guitars it can be excellent.

I've tweaked most everything on my Rigs (Amp and cab parameters,pre/post eq....) to suit my guitars and my taste but I'm totally satisfied with it. If you want to give them a go just drop me a PM with your mail address.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I bow down to the wisdom of the S.A.G.E. once more. :thumbup:
    You know what is good, don't you?
    I knew it from the very start: the "dumble" of tony is not a dumble. you cannot fool geraldo!
    did you know that gregor hilden once had a dumble and recorded with it and made at least one video?
    he bought it via ebay japan and sold it a couple of months later to a german guitarist.
    a dumble is the holy grail, stays the holy grail and will be, joe bonamassa has two friends with dumbles
    who give them for recordings to JB.
    i am going to PM you for those profiles.

thanks

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Please remember all that the default status of the stomps in the rigs reflects what I've need the last time that I've used them. I also normally lock the Rev off live or at rehearsal.

• on his latest record, joe bonamassa used two dumbles: steve trovato borrowed his
    1980 overdrive special while a certain john mcallister provided joe with a 1977 ed.
    of the overdrive special. i have seen joe in munich with the twinkleland which seems
    to be a clone of a dumble, the design of the red one resembles almost chameleonesque
    a dumble head. i guess that either joe does not own a dumble or does not want to take
    his gem onto tour. AFAIK a van weelden is about 7.000 while a dumble's price is in the
    skies. if you are very lucky you will get a hand on one for 50 grand. i think that joe would
    prefer the dumble over ANY amp, even the twinkleland.
    we lucky devils have at least a few profiles that come very near ...

cheers

• Considering that he's taking 2 (Two!!!) real Bursts on tour (a 1958 and a 1960) I do not think he would be shy to get a 40-50 k$ on the road...IMHO...

• Hi,

I love Dumbles and have been fortunate enough to play three different amps. I have also played a Van Weelden Twinkleland as well as a Two Rock TS-1.

Two of my favourite players are Larry Carlton and Robben Ford.
    I had those two players in mind when I did the Black Goop profiling sessions and posted the rigs at the Rig Exchange. Some of these are included in guitarnet70's zip pack posted in this thread. I haven't tried them but they are edited to his taste. If you want the original versions they are still on the Rig Exchange. One reaon you may want to try the original versions is that I have tweaked the stomps to work well with the profiles. Some profiles from the Black Goop 2 session as well as a VW Twinkleland profile from the Fenix Sessions are available on my web page http://www.nermark.com.

I still have some Black Goop 2 session profiles not yet posted as I haven't tweaked them properly yet.

Cheers,

Mats N

• as i do not play les pauls, because they hurt my ribs so much i had to stop playing my '59 reissue and sold it:
    what is the prize for an original burst? more than 50 grand?
    if that is the case >>> then even joe bonamassa has to loan a dumble and does not have one in his possesion.
    strange, but somehow cool for a KPAionista!

5 stars to sweden btw

cheers

• as i do not play les pauls, because they hurt my ribs so much i had to stop playing my '59 reissue and sold it:

Hi Geraldo,

I had the same problems with Les Pauls and sold them many years ago. Now I have found the Collings City Limits with a rib cut. I'm seriously saving money to get one. Sounds and feels wonderful.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Geraldo: a good Burst can go for 250-300k$, if it has belong to some famous guitarist a lot more (the one from Gary Moore/Peter Green went for over 2 Millions, IIRC).

Edit: put some fat on those ribs! :)