Best cab for the dumble profiles?

• thanx for the hint, mats. those Collings City Limits seem to be a good solution, there is also the Gibson Les Paul Axcess available.

but unless i sell my tokai and my walden there will be no new equipment in the house. and my number one on my
    GAS-syndrome list is a second evh guitar that i played at the fender booth at the frankfurt fare. fortunately van weeldens
    and dumbles are no longer on my list. >here should be a ; )>

@guitarnet: okay, wow.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• i have a 68 les paul which i adore, and dont have a problem with personally, but i recently aquirred a nik huber orca, and OMG what a guitar, and with its body shape may well also be a solution for those with rib ache, absolutely stunning, probably the best guitar i've ever owned (til the next one!)it

• useful would be the understatement of the week, but yes, guitarnet, thanks a lot for those profiles and
    i find them very useful. :)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• What about the rigs? Did you guys find anything useful for you?

YES - many many thanks.

Do you know if there is a SSS profile out there anywhere? I'm fighting to get that huge clanging tone and think it needs one of the clones profiling to get close - think

• Two Rock Custom Clean
      Two Rock Sterling Sig
      High Plains Drifter Bludotone
      Quinn King Tone Consoul
      Welagen
      Ceriatone SSS
      van weelden Twinkleland
      Sebago Texas Flood

I think Clover amps in Italy do a Dxmble clone - but it's an ODS not a SSS...

• oh, c'mon: there is no way one can pay almost 100 grands for an amp! this is totally BS!!

It's hard for me to believe that there are people out there that really believe that the amp is all that makes the sound. in a percentage yes: a 10% at the most. the rest is in the hands............

I don't believe there is someone that understand something about the guitar that tells me steve ferris couldn't get his sound without the dumble!

gosh, carl Verheyen was right: "you are not going to understand something about the guitar unless you have spent some 20 years on it....".

I have spent some 41 years on it, and I can tell you for certain that Vai sounds like Vai even with a fender twin..............Eddie Van Halen sounds like Eddie even with the wheel's spokes (f they could oscillate a bit more)...........

just my angry cents.......with a smile

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Agree with you Michael. The main reason I'm so crazy about D-style amps is that they are the ones that with MY HANDS comes closer to the sound I have in my head.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Geraldo7 recently mentioned the Ladner Dirty Dragon as being Dumble-esque and these guys make an extension cabinet with an Eminence Cannabis Rex.
    A rig with this speaker is in the rig exchange:

Ceriatone OTS50 v3 D CERIATONE OTS50 C-REX Michael P Allen