What do you think about this. (Axe-Fx firmware v10)

• This is not the goal, just that i've been bashed on a french forum by dishonest Axe-Fx fan boys including a big one who is looking desesperatly for fame. :rolleyes:
    So i'm right it sounds bad and my monitoring system is ok.

• Well, it's hard to judge a sound because it depends on what somebody is looking for and his preferences in tone. I am sure that there is no "yes" or "no" answer to your question of whether the sound is good or bad. You can merely describe what it sounds like. The judgement depends on the player / listener.
    Furthermore, you can't judge a machine like the Axe FX on the basis of one sound. That would be unfair and by the way, I guess everybody can find Kemper sounds that don't sound "too good" - the question, in the case of the Kemper, however is: How close is the profile to the original.

• it was a long time when I speak French last time ,but let me try :

"sons que merde, merde en plastique, mais je ne sais pas si la guitare ou fractale en question, mais quelque chose est sûr .....

"

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Well, it's hard to judge a sound because it depends on what somebody is looking for and his preferences in tone. I am sure that there is no "yes" or "no" answer to your question of whether the sound is good or bad. You can merely describe what it sounds like. The judgement depends on the player / listener.
    Furthermore, you can't judge a machine like the Axe FX on the basis of one sound. That would be unfair and by the way, I guess everybody can find Kemper sounds that don't sound "too good" - the question, in the case of the Kemper, however is: How close is the profile to the original.

As is said the subject is the sample (and indirectly the honesty of some Axe-Fx users) not the Axe-Fx. I heard nice samples with V10.
    I don't find helpful for other customers to lie. You can be wrong, it's not a problem if you have no agenda and if you are fair. IMO

• "Plastic" is the word I use to describe soundclips I hear from the Axe-FX, as well as the Line 6 Pod, as well as the Digitech, as well as the Eleven, as well as the Johnson J-Station, etc. The Kemper is the only device that doesn't exhibit that fake "plastic" tone IMO, it sounds open and raw, it can be made to sound compressed as well but not in an overly processed way. Either you hear it or you don't but I do and that's why I use the Kemper.....

"sons que merde, merde en plastique, mais je ne sais pas si la guitare ou fractale en question, mais quelque chose est sûr .....

"

lol there is an idea, you've got the point.

• This is the Kemper forum, I do not see the necessity of using this place to prosecute the flame war or to force other people to login here just to say that we are unfair. Let's try to keep this corner clean from bad feelings... as always just my opinion...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Back to OP: For me there is nothing wrong with the sound. Too compressed and gainy for my taste, so it could drown in a mix easily even though the bass isn't dailed in too much. But sounding unreal or plastic? Why? A real amp could sound the same with similar settings, don't you think?

• This is the Kemper forum, I do not see the necessity of using this place to prosecute the flame war or to force other people to login here just to say that we are unfair. Let's try to keep this corner clean from bad feelings... as always just my opinion...

If you want to see flame and war you will see flame and war even if this is not the goal.
    My question was pretty simple, "does it sound chimic and plastic or i'm wrong?"
    I try to keep it simple by saying that i heard good thing from V10.
    Now i got my answer.

If the moderation think that this thread has derailed they can delete it.
    Thanks for people who shared their opinions. ;)

• Shure SRH840 < RME Babyface

It sounds ok. I don't like the bass response, but, mids and highs are ok. Not the clearest sounding tone in the world, but, usable.

You'd have to put it in a mix for people to judge properly.

I put guitar sounds in at least 4 catergories;

1. Solo practice.

2. Live with band.

3. Recording.

4. Recording background filler.

Because of this certain sounds are great when playing solo, but, too much for other situations.

"

I just know your basic French, just enough to get by. stuff like "I surrender!" and "Don't shoot!".

:)