Forum formatting corrupted?

• Ok, I meanwhile tried 'mark forum as read' on pretty much any common browser on OS X, Windows 7 and iOS without luck. It's just not working anymore.
    Am I really the only one with that problem?? If yes it must have something to do with my account!?

Cheers,
    Markus

• hi marc,

no-no, you are not the only one. am busy right now, will post a list of all known issues later. cu
    i dont think it is your account. chrome f.i. has some issues with quoting and smileys.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• all this board with its format and (non existing or non working ) functions is one big , ugly bug ,its very annoying ...
    Kemper should consider to find another, normal web service

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• okay folks, here we go !

after testing the following configuarations, i have found only smaller issues, but you can add yours ...

• Firefox 18 on Win8 - Strg+0 does not scale down to 100%
    • IE 10 on Win8 - Strg+Num0 does not work, but not only on the forum
    • Firefox 21 on Win7 - all okay, but a stuttering latency while loading pages
    • Chrome 26 on Win7 - quoting is okay, smileys do not insert
    • Safari on MacOS - not tested
    • Android - not tested yet
    • iOS - cannot test
    • ?
    • ?

Almost sorry, that i could not find more, because the "feel" of the new version is that it is bugged. the fontsize of the members on the members page is for ants, is it?
      if you can find and post your issues, we could write an e-mail
      to one of the moderators so that woltlab check their code. cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• On chrome for ipad :
    Forum format seem ok after deleting cache, mark forum as read also works here but smileys does not work and cannot understand how to use the new quote function.

• On chrome for ipad :
    Forum format seem ok after deleting cache, mark forum as read also works here but smileys does not work and cannot understand how to use the new quote function.

Ok, clearing cache also solved formatting on chrome for iOS for me. However mark forum as read still does not work. Obviously it works for others so it has to be a problem with my user!!?? Very annoying!

Cheers,
    Markus

• hi guys. will be away to a friend. holidays :)
    please post your browser and operating system. when i am back i can collect the issues faster then.

cheers

• The browser cache issues could be easily avoided if web administration would send no-cache commands either in the HTTP-Header and/or the meta-tags of the forum pages. If they put it in the HTTP-Header it could even prevent problems if the end-user is behind some proxy cache. Interestingly they have these http header no-cache directives in their main site pages, but not in the forum pages.

• The browser cache issues could be easily avoided if web administration would send no-cache commands either in the HTTP-Header and/or the meta-tags of the forum pages. If they put it in the HTTP-Header it could even prevent problems if the end-user is behind some proxy cache. Interestingly they have these http header no-cache directives in their main site pages, but not in the forum pages.

Some time ago i had login issues with the forum, i sent a mail to support and what i understood from their reply was that the main page and forum are two independant software and that they did not have access to the code.

this may explain why they dont have the no-cache header on the forum!

• Okay, more or less, although the new version feels bugged, we have minor issues and some major, here we go.

• Chrome and Safari users have problems with quoting and smileys
    • The Latency has increased on IE and Firefox. Chrome stayed fast, but no smileys, which annoys me, that was part of the fun here.
    • The format is displayed okay, if the user refreshes the page or deletes the browser cache.
    • IMHO the format of the "members page" is much worse than before
    • Many members have problems logging in. I you log out, you always have to log in twice in order that the forum "understands" that the user wants to log in
    • According to lightbox there is an issue that could be easily solved by one sentence of code in the access files. i would presume that this would also solve
      the issue of repeated loggin in.
    • Is it okay with the community if i write to don petersen. as a customer of woltlab they, the kempers, could ask for an improvement as they pay the bill. what
      do you think, guys?

kind regards, geraldo