Kemper Backup/Restore

• This happened when I tried to restore a backup file onto my kemper:

[Blocked Image: http://i42.tinypic.com/2pt305l.jpg]

This began when I was using Total Commander to erase some of the files on my kemper to load new ones later. When I tried to upload the modified backup after using the Total Commander software, this is the error I got.

Is there a way to get around this or maybe exclude Total Commander altogether to keep from getting this message?

Thanks!

• What happened most likely is that when you compressed the file after modifying it (I'm on a Mac so I'm not familiar with total commander) you introduced some kind of extra root folder so that the backup now sits in a sub structure of the backup file and can't be found.
    Solution: make sure you compress ALL THE CONTENT of the .tar file, NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF, before renaming to .kpabackup.

• I only deleted some profiles I don't use very often.

I didn't think I needed to compress anything when saving the file. . . It didn't give me an option to do so when saving the file in Total Commander.

• I only deleted some profiles I don't use very often.

I didn't think I needed to compress anything when saving the file. . . It didn't give me an option to do so when saving the file in Total Commander.

Like I said I'm not familiar with how total commander works but I'm familiar how the KPA handles its files.
    So I recommend working without TC this time.

1. Take the backup. Rename the suffix from .kpabackup to .tar
    2. Decompress now. Look at the folder structures. What do you see? Do you see your profiles in the respective folder?
    3. When you think the content is OK, choose ALL THE FILES AND FOLDERS within the backup folder and compress. (Don't compress the root backup folder as this gives you a wrong structure).
    4. Again rename the suffix from .tar to .kpabackup
    5. Put the file on your KPA-formatted USB stick. Do the backup procedure in the KPA and check.

• Oh I forgot:
    It seems your KPA doesn't boot properly, right?

In this case before following the steps I described before (to try to get your working KPA back) you must load the OS first.

This is easy:
    Put the KAOS.BIN into the root folder of your USB.
    Start the KPA (chickenhead to tuner) to tuner while keeping the PAGE button pressed.