TheAmpFactory Pack5 Out NOW!

• When is the embedded audio going to play in all browsers? I have a brand new 12 Core Mac Pro that will still not play audio (from The Amp Factory site only). It was the same way on my last Mac. Doesn't work wit Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Opera. Certainly can't blame it on the machine because it's now a new one. I would love to be able to hear AND buy profiles.

Thanks.

• When is the embedded audio going to play in all browsers? I have a brand new 12 Core Mac Pro that will still not play audio (from The Amp Factory site only). It was the same way on my last Mac. Doesn't work wit Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Opera. Certainly can't blame it on the machine because it's now a new one. I would love to be able to hear AND buy profiles.

Thanks.

Hmm... I just wondering what is wrong here?
    I've have no problem what so ever playing these previews on my Mac running the latest OS and Safari.
    I did a quick test on a version on Firefox and it failed there, looks like it's a javascript problem...

I quick test showed that if You have disabled Javascript in the Prefs of Safari, the player will not work.
    Do You have any other plugin that might block content?

With Javascript enabled:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11076215/ampfactory.png]

Without:
    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11076215/ampfactory-nojavascript.png]

Does it look like this to You?

• Janne,

Thanks for trying to help.

Yes, Javascript is enabled. The second screen shot of yours is when Flash is not installed or current (which I'm sure you know), I'm only mentioning it for others who are reading and may not be aware. I have all my software up to date including Flash. It loads and I can click the play arrow button and it turns to a pause button, but audio doesn't start. No matter how long I wait, it won't play. Clicking the pause button does not change it back to an arrow, the machine locks up and I have to close Safari. I have tried disabling pop-up blocking, etc... Nothing works. I'm really puzzled why EVERY site on the web plays audio fine, except this one. Thought there was a possibility it was my previous Mac, but now I have a new one and I didn't migrate anything

Edited 2 times, last by TheGhost ().

• The first link opens, shows the player and that the clip is 1:57 long, but the audio won't play. If I click the first link and "Download Linked File As" to my computer it plays fine. Shows as TAF WATKINS demo by Leroy Miller.

The second link shows jPlayer 2.4.0 in the upper left corner on a blank pale lavender window.

If your new site wasn't Flash, I would just download and listen, but that is not an option. It would at least be a workaround if you had them available to download as in the above first link.

Edited 4 times, last by TheGhost ().

• Andy,

I figured out what part of the problem is. Us Pro Tools users on newer Macs cannot hear audio through our Pro Tools sound cards when using Quicktime and there is no option to use something other than Quicktime the way your site is programmed, using MP3s that are not downloadable in the particular player that your site is using. If we could download the files they will play fine, but as long as you program them the way they are, Pro Tools users will never hear them. You might want to consider an MP3 player like the site below uses, they play just fine and don't need to be downloadable.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board…n-thread-audio-files.html

Edited once, last by TheGhost ().

• Just a note to say Im with you guys, your comments have not been ignored

Respec!

A

Any news regarding a tweaked version of Pack V that I might have missed?
    Until this is cleared up, I´m not buying other packs - I´m ok with "Will not be done!", but I don´t like to wait for an answer or for nothing.

Cheers in advance!

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you´ve got it made!
    Groucho Marx