Pulled the trigger on an Ethos Overdrive...

• Hi Will,

I had one when they first came out. I felt that it had some interesting sounds....but not much in the way of flexibility for live use. So, I sold it for a bit more than I paid for it.

However, having multiple profiles on the KPA, with the ability to switch between them could have some merit.

I will be interested in your take on it after having the KPA to compare it with.

• Good day to you all, I have the Classic and planning to profile it direct and just add cabinet IR. However still enjoying playing my KPA than profiling since that time it landed in my music/bed room. Lazy indeed :sleeping: But I like my Zenkudo/Dumbkudo clone better than Ethos. It is not straight forward to dial a good tone from the latter or maybe I'm just lazy to tweak that is why I enjoyed the KPA so much.

• I'd love to try the SR + Ethos profile!

This new forum software is really lousy! Can't seem to get it to do half of what I try, such as quote a post, add emoticons ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Once I get it and learn it, I'll profile it multiple settings both direct and using my Cannibis Rex loaded Tech 21 Power Engine 60. Been curious about it for a long time. I'm not even a huge Dumble tone chaser, but have dug many of the clips I've heard. Especially some of the cleaner stuff.

• Once I get it and learn it, I'll profile it multiple settings both direct and using my Cannibis Rex loaded Tech 21 Power Engine 60. Been curious about it for a long time. I'm not even a huge Dumble tone chaser, but have dug many of the clips I've heard. Especially some of the cleaner stuff.

Sweet! Can you do a direct profile that will work into a clean amp? Assuming you mean direct as in with cab sims when you say direct?

Thanks

Sweet! Can you do a direct profile that will work into a clean amp? Assuming you mean direct as in with cab sims when you say direct?

Thanks

That's not what I meant, but can include that as well. I meant with the built in cab sim.

• I have had the TLE and then traded for a TLE/Classic. I love this pedal! It has great tones on tap and is very versatile in the fact that you can use it as

a stomp pedal in front of an amp (it seems to like most Fender amps that I plugged it into) It can be used as a preamp into a power amp and cab (or in Will's case the Tech 21 Power Engine - hope I got that correct) and it is a very good direct device as well. This is what I use it for the most. Even though I have

a Kemper now and have a lot of versatility with it the Ethos is going to be something I hang onto and can still be used as a backup if heaven forbid the

Kemper went down on a gig. One thing like most devices don't be afraid to experiment with gain and tone controls as there are a lot of tones in there

that might not be apparent until you spend time with both channels (or third if you count the boost on the overdrive channel)

• Well got it in...and I'm extremely torn on it. It really excels when used like a dirtbox in front of an amp. Killer dirty tones in that regard and the boost function makes it extremely versatile. However, the clean channel is of little use in that regard. As a stand alone/direct device I'm very underwhelmed actually. Really no comparison with the KPA in my humble opinion. The Ethos just seems kinda bandwidth limited by comparison to me, but in a mix maybe that would work better? I still need a bit more time with it and experiment with tracking before I make a final judgement. I really, really wish I could profile it as a stomp box to mix and match with clean profiles. That would be crazy cool...

• Well got it in...and I'm extremely torn on it. It really excels when used like a dirtbox in front of an amp. Killer dirty tones in that regard and the boost function makes it extremely versatile. However, the clean channel is of little use in that regard. As a stand alone/direct device I'm very underwhelmed actually. Really no comparison with the KPA in my humble opinion. The Ethos just seems kinda bandwidth limited by comparison to me, but in a mix maybe that would work better? I still need a bit more time with it and experiment with tracking before I make a final judgement. I really, really wish I could profile it as a stomp box to mix and match with clean profiles. That would be crazy cool...

+1 in pretty much all regards. :| :sleeping:

• Just to share, If I don't have the KPA yet I would appreciate the clean channel of Ethos since I liked and used it a lot before KPA. But when I got the KPA it became redundant and for that matter I think for all the stomps and effects I have currently. The last time I used my stomps was to compare them with KPA and I was not that excited anymore with them and as well as with my amps. Now it's only guitar to KPA and I would like to keep selected stomps for memento but still they are in great danger of being sold too :)

• The KPA put the breaks on my pedal addiction (for the time being anyway). I was torn between the Ethos and the Kingsley Jester for quite some time but eventually bought the Jester. Love it in front of an amp but now, along with an embarrassing number of other pedals, it sits in a closet unused. The KPA and a single midi switcher is just easier. I'm not selling any of the pedals though - although I always say I will.. :)

A good thing about the ethos (or any other boutique pedal) is to minimal loss you get hit with on resale.. Hell Will, if you do decide to flip it, hit me up - I still want to try one!

..Ahh crap..... apparently, the gear addiction continues .. :whistling: