Problem Master Volumen Clipping in almost every Profile

• Since i did a System Restore, my KPA has no problems regarding Fizz or Digital Plastic Sound...i now recall that the error came from bad Midi configuration one time when i was barely learning midi feature, somehow the Wah kept persistent On no matter if its turned off in my KPA. (strange!!!)

Now im Back in Heaven...i even tried the Midi thing again and configure it using my Rig Kontrol 3 from Native Instruments with explendid results (finally manage to proper configure CC and PC messages) and the Wahh ohh my God, it´s better than my Bad Horsie Wah...i recently purchase a MXR 10 Band EQ and put it in the KPA loop and i went "WOW" again.

But i have a small problem, my Master Volumen Clips in almost every Profile (yes, my MXR EQ its not the problem since it´s off... same results)

Is this normal?, i have to Lower the Master Volumen and Profile Volumen quite a bit to not clip my KPA Master Volumen, and its kindda anoying because there are Volumen in some FX too, so, i tend to tweak Volumens quite a lot.

Thanks for the Help

KPA Rocks and im selling my Peavey JSX folks.... anyone interested? (hope nope until i profile more of its sound :D )

• If you did a restore and play mostly distorted rigs see if the dist sense is set to more than 0. Try setting that to 0 if it is not. Your rig volumes should all be around 12:00 unless you have other variables driving volume. Then adjust master volume to suite. If that does not work then confirm and we can check some other items.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Thanks for your reply, no, im at 0 in my KPA dist sense, trying lowering or raising did not help with my problem, my Volumen Rigs are under 12:00 so i manage to not clip Master Vol. but at some point when i hit hard my strings, master clips and sound is bad (like distorted) in my P.A.

• If you have no other volume increase from an eq., cabinet, etc.. then is the clip coming from all rigs or which ones? Do you have high gain and low gain rigs you can compare to see if the low gain does not clip...maybe it is a matter of leveling the rig volume based on the gain being used and then adjusting your master. Confirm if this occurs on all rigs, high gain, low gain etc.. what the gain level is and if you have no other volume increases in FX or cabinet slots.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I have to dial in every volume option (fx, eq, cabinet, etc) and mess with Rig Volumen and master Volumen to let it not clip that much, no matter if its a clean rig or crunch or ultra, it ocurs to me that maybe is a issue on the new 1.8.0 firmware update since someone a while ago posted clipping problems and he had to come back to 1.7.0 and problem solved....so i might try lowering my KPA firmware to 1.7.0 and let you know (but i sure will miss the Pitch Effects)

Thanks for the help

• Hi Christopher, thank you for your reply,

yes, my Output LED turns a Lot Red when playing distorted and or clean sounds, but i manage to get rid of the problem using the Lock Feature and lowering Master Volumens to -16db on Master Output.

yes, my Output LED turns a Lot Red when playing distorted and or clean sounds, but i manage to get rid of the problem using the Lock Feature and lowering Master Volumens to -16db on Master Output.

Well, but the Master Volume does not affect the Output LED.

I think you're confused...are you talking about Master Volume, or VOLUME?

• Disable the stomp and effects section - and check the cabinet parameters (set cabinet volume to 0).

If this helps then you have found some of the (many) bad profiles which boost the volume a lot in order to sound 'better'.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• If someone boosts the volume to make a Profile sound better and it clips the output, there's a scientific solution, reduce the volume. :)

Don't be 'fooled' by volume as you scroll through Profiles.
    Most of the factory Profiles are in fact the most accurate and best sounding Profiles, but they may appear to be a lower volume and have less "Oomph" than another 'boosted' Profile...just increase the Master volume and you'll hear a true reflection of the factory Profiles.