profiling axe-fx patches

• Hey guys!

Just tried to do my first profiling last night of a few of my axe-fx patches

On the axe-fx itself I turned off any effects and turned the noise gate threshold down till it was 'off'

for some reason when I profiled it would say a noise gate detected , not sure why

I was having a bit of trouble with noise as well but I'm not sure where exactly it was coming from....could be anything (pc/lights etc) so will look into this a bit more (I switched all the kemper and axe-fx ground lifts on but no luck)

I've seen mentions of people profiling the axe-fx so just wondering if they had any tips etc

• Any idea which ones you wanted? Not really bothered with any $$$ if I can get it worked out
    As long as they are not off FW 10 because I never plan on revisiting that FW lol.

• Really its strange if you have really turned off the noise gate on the axe . is any compression or exciter turned on the axe? if you have to turn off all efx, noise gate , compression, expander, exciters, etc. . Before profiling it . Have you changed cables? ,mabye there can be a faulty one . You can try to use a DI too . Btw is your kemper grounded? at least one button at the back must be pressed on .

I would love some axe profiles too ! :D which version are you in ?

Cheers

• Any idea which ones you wanted? Not really bothered with any $$$ if I can get it worked out
    As long as they are not off FW 10 because I never plan on revisiting that FW lol.

Yes, it's a couple patches made from SilentUndergroundStudios from FW9. If the ones on their site are FW10, I could e-mail you the FW 9 patches. They are Metallica's Black album and Ride The Lightening Tone. They made Kemper profiles too, but I didn't think they were as good. I thought they did a really great job with the AXE tone match.

http://www.silentundergroundstudio.com/clone-tones

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• i only have a kemper ! hehe i dont use AXE . But it would be interesting to seem some profiles of axe presets. I have got some from rig exchange, some are cool . And there are some modelled amps there that i would like to play for fun . I seen the list of some modelled amps, and many arent on rig exchange . I think they are some boutique stuff .

cheers

• well that went much much better! (cable issue)

my mind is completely blown by the kemper

I'll check those patches out and see what I can do ...personally I always felt it was much more accurate doing the matches in Ozone than tone matching

I am on 9.02 FW...I'll share very soon!

• quick question....if you use a commercial profile as a reference when you do a profile ...this isn't in any way a violation if you share once the profile is done?!!?
    I just noticed that you have to edit the info and it shares the same as the reference

• It would be a hypocrisy for a modelling platform to complain about someone profiling a patch! Only the original amp makers have the right to complain about the current state of affairs, IMO

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Hey guys I've put up the Nolly lead patch in rig exchange (anyway I can link it here?)
    I did an AB with ozone and the curves were nearly identical 8o
    The delay/verb is fairly close to the patch...this is pretty much my first profile so go easy...feedback would be very nice!
    I did a quick AB recording as well...I might do some more as I go along....first it would be nice to see how it sounds on your rigs and get some feedback

As for the metallica black ....the patch is for FW 9 but IMO it doesn't sound very good at all (especially compared to the ozone matches I've done in the past)
    the patch itself is a bit of a 8| ....they have a drive/amp/cab block followed by a tone match block also a para eq and a graphic eq !??!!?

the ride the lightning one sounds much better and its drive/amp/tone match block

I might try my own ozone matches and then import the cab in and see how close they get ...I compared my old 'black' patch to the silent one and it blew it away

more patches coming....edit put up the bulb one...the gate is super tight

Edited once, last by caveman1 ().

• Will be downloading it when I get home. Will post a clip using it :D